Potty day. . .turned into potty weekend. . .turned into five days later.
We had a few successes. Several failures.
But when on day five she kept saying she had to go poop and really meant pee, I realized what I had kind of known all along: she wasn't ready.
Instead of packing the potty, the undies and all the rewards up to save for a do-over, I decided to move on to plan b.
We're taking it nice and slow and she is more in charge of when she wants to go. It's definitely going slow, but today we had three successful pees- all on her own.
She might be getting it. But then again, we might be doing this all summer.
It's okay. Thankfully Brian and I are both a lot more relaxed this time around. I know eventually it will happen. She won't be in diapers forever.
On a related note, guess what I found stuffed in McKay's jeans pocket during the heat of potty training?
A pair of tinkerbell undies. They had Tink's brown-haired friend on them. Looks like someone wanted to stash them away for himself.
5 comments:
We did the potty jar, and I think it worked wonders for our guy. But as you know, they'll do it when they are ready. Good luck!
love this picture of elle. she is so beautiful. how are you feeling these days? any luck on the name yet? i need to get to oregon so i can visit you.
I am not any kind of source of potty training wisdom except try try again. Cute jar. Love Elles pretty blue eyes. Laughed out loud at McKay's stash.
I think Natalie might have the same panties as Elle. She makes up names for all of Tinkerbell's friends because I don't know their names. One of them is Ariel :) Apparently.
That is too cute, the brown haired friend is pretty cute.
So the potty jar. . .what is and what do you do with it?
Trying to get the most ideas I can with miss Gracen, I just KNOW she is going to be difficult.
Post a Comment