- I was feeling kind of down this weekend. My life is so wonderful, and I am blessed- I realize this- but that doesn't mean that life doesn't get to me sometimes. Doesn't it get to everyone- sometimes? Life is wonderful, but that doesn't mean that it's not hard. My problems aren't huge. They aren't dramatic. But still, there are problems, and worries, and stress. And sometimes I wonder if this overcast weather makes me more depressed than I realize. I was pleasantly surprised when all those feelings were overpowered this afternoon by a feeling of peace and gratitude. I'm grateful for what a good day of church can do. I feel uplifted. I feel happy. What a blessing the gospel is, and how powerful the whisperings of the Spirit can be. So thankful for that.
- By the way, it totally hasn't been overcast here. It's been beautiful. Guess I can't always blame the weather.
- I am amazed at how well Ellery can identify her surroundings. Every time we drive by, Ellery will proudly announce, "There's Albertsons." or, "There's McKay's swimming lessons." What really gets me is when we're on the freeway and she can spot Chuck E. Cheese every single time. She always gives him a little wave.
- On Tuesday we were headed out the door to go to swimming lessons and my car wouldn't unlock. Then I noticed that McKay's light was on. It is the number one rule in our car to not play with the lights. The battery was totally dead, but luckily Brian was home. He jumped it, but the alarm was reset and the horn would not stop honking. It was about twenty minutes of honking before we could reset it. McKay missed his lesson and we had a big talk about not touching the lights.
- Listen, I know these thoughts are becoming more like the Matthews family nature journal, but I saw a coyote running across the street last Sunday. It was a baby. Brian doesn't believe me. I think I know the difference between a dog and a baby coyote. We also saw a huge frog today on a walk and it was very exciting. You really don't have to make fun of me for the enjoyment I find in seeing wildlife. I already know I'm totally nerdy.
- Baby Maya was left in the bottom of the shopping cart at Target. So far, Ellery hasn't noticed, although she did rename one of her other babies Maya. I was panicked and wanted to go and get her, but Brian said her head was falling off, so we just left her there.
- While in Utah I got Ellery a bright yellow skirt at Walmart for $1. I didn't really know what it would go with, but for $1 I just got it anyway. Well, guess who loves that bright yellow skirt and wants to wear it every time she sees it? I have had to become quite creative. I'm rethinking the purchase. She's also very into wearing two pony tails in her hair. She will grab them and pet them and tell everyone to notice them. My girl has a lot of hair. I want to cut it into a cute bob, but someone's daddy is attached.
- This week, McKay had bike day at school. McKay has been excited for this day for a long time. He could hardly wait to show his teachers and friends how he could ride his bike. A few minutes before leaving for school McKay was riding his bike when one of his pedals fell off. I tried to screw it back on, but as McKay put it, "Mom, you can't fix it because you're not a tool guy?" I tried and I tried and then finally realized I had to think of a new plan. I called my friend Mailee and asked to borrow her daughter's bike. I told McKay that I found a bike for him to use, but that it was a girl bike- Dora to be exact. At least it wasn't a pink princess bike. Anyway, he had a few concerns about this, naturally. I told him it was either the girl bike or his scooter. He decided to just be okay with Dora. I was so impressed with my little boy's maturity during this glitch. He had been so looking forward to zipping around on his bike. I was feeling more upset about it, I think, than he was. He didn't throw a fit, didn't whine, didn't cry. He did explain to everyone first thing about his pedal, but then he rocked that Dora bike. He is the youngest in his class and the only one to be riding without training wheels. He pretty much thought he was a celebrity. I love that boy.
- Yesterday we all went out to watch Brian play rugby. He's good and I was proud of my cute rugby player.
- I heard there is a Winco in Orem now. We do most of our grocery shopping at Winco. So here's what I want to tell you. Go to Winco. Go to the bulk foods section. Scoop yourself a big bag of blueberry yogurt covered pretzels. I don't even like yogurt covered pretzels. But these. These are so good. You can thank me later.
- How come maternity jeans are so awful? I have a few cute pair, but they are sagging in the bum an hour after I put them on. I hate constantly having to pull them up. Another thing I'm not loving- my lovely pregnancy mask.
- I am, however, kind of getting really excited for this new little girl to come. I am still scared to have three kids, but how fun that I get to have a sweet little baby to snuggle and love in a few months. I love her already.
Survivor finale is on- gotta go. Happy Sunday!
3 comments:
LOVE THIS POST!!!!!!!! :) Everything about it! You are so cute sarah
love, Love, LOVE Winco!!! Glad you have discovered this wonderful northwest treasure!
pregnancy mask? what is that?
winco...who knew, I thought people hated it.
Post a Comment