Sunday, May 23, 2010

thoughts on a sunday


Brian has nicknamed Carson "King Baby".  My kids are completely obsessed with King Baby.  Really obsessed.  He is perfect!
  • Earlier this week we went on a walk between rain storms.  We decided to take advantage of the sun, which we haven't seen a lot of, and try to seek out some puddles to jump in.  We walked to the duck pond and saw all sorts of cool things.  I left my phone and my camera at home because sometimes I let those two things distract me from really enjoying the little moments I have with my kids.  I really love being their mom- even though just being their mom is completely exhausting to me right now.  I wouldn't trade this job for anything.    
  • Ellery is obsessed with wearing her rain boots because she knows that she can stomp in puddles only when she's wearing her boots.  She wants to wear them all the time.
  • Ellery calls fruit snacks, "snook snacks".  That's all.
  • McKay is obsessed with coloring right now and I have a fridge overflowing with pictures to prove it.  He was feeling frustrated because his pictures don't look like mine do (yes, we both color at church. . .it keeps him interested if I'm involved) and so we had a talk about how taking more time and practicing would help him get better.  Well, he took it to heart and has been coloring ever since.  His Alvin and the Chipmunk book is pretty much full and he definitely has improved.  He's very proud.  I'm loving his determination to do things lately.  I see it as a wonderful trait in his little personality, that will benefit him continuously throughout his life.   
  • After wearing worn out running shoes to work and school and now clinicals for the last five years, Brian's knees have finally begun to protest and the second-class shoes are not cutting it anymore.  A pair of Croc's are on their way.  I hope they help.
  • McKay's swimming teacher's name is Curtis.  I just can't correct him when he refers to him as Cartis.  I can't.  I hope Curtis doesn't mind.
  • Ellery came up to me the other day and said, "I have a nipple on my face."  Pretty sure she thinks any sort of bump on the skin is a nipple.  We had a talk.
  • Speaking of swimming lessons, I might as well record a lesson that I learned this year.  Private swimming lessons are the way to go.  McKay had private lessons last summer and learned to swim shortly after working with the one on one teacher.  Now he is in a class with four other kids and he spends most of the 30 minute class time sitting on the steps watching other kids take their turns with Cartis.  It's just not as cost-effective if you think of how many minutes they actually spend learning to swim with a group class.  We'll do private for sure next time. . .maybe even this summer.
  • Mckay and Brian went on their first father's and sons camp out.  It was raining.  More on that later.
  • Brian and Elle came with me to my OB appointment on Friday.  Ellery convieniently pooped right when we got to the room, like she does.  Brian was changing her diaper on the exam table when she said, "No!  I don't want my babies to come out here!"  She says that her babies will come out when she's a "little momma".  
  • One of my favorite treats this pregnancy has been apples dipped in peanut butter.  
  • I got quite a surprise on Saturday morning when my doorbell rang.  I was about to ignore it, thinking it was the neighbor girl, when I heard another loud knock.  I opened the door to see my cute little nephew Carson sitting there on my doorstep.  Jana had totally surprised me and is here right now visiting with adorable Carson!  I was so surprised and so happy to see them.  What a good sister I have.  I love her and I'm so glad that she's here.   

Happy Sunday!

1 comments:

Reynolds said...

Kids say the cutest things, and they say it so seriously that it's hard not to laugh right in front of them. Hooray for visitors!