Thursday, June 24, 2010

for his twenty-ninth



Brian and I are acting like we're millionaires and I got him a BBQ for his birthday/father's day, which we are both loving.  He already picked it out and we've been grillin' for a week now, so I don't have anything to give him on his special day except a card and this.  So here are twenty-nine things I just kind of love about Brian.

1.  I love his hands.  So smooth, soft, yet still a man's hands.  I love holding his hand.

2.  I love the sound of his voice.  Not his singing voice, that's good too, but I love his talking voice.  

3.  I love how he stays active physically.  Health is important to him and feeling good and keeping his body in shape is a priority.  


4.  I love how he's tidy.  He is not a slob.  He likes a tidy, clean house as much as I do.

5.  I love that after seven years of being married and calling each other almost exclusively "sweetheart" we've since experienced a change and have thrown some "sweeites" in the mix.  
We like to keep things new and exciting around here.  :)



6.  I love how disciplined he is.  I have rarely seen someone with as much self control and self-discipline as Brian.  He sets goals and reaches them.  He decides to do something and he does it.  It seems so easy for him and that quality has gotten him where he is today.

7.  I love that he is a wonderful cook.  Oh what a lucky wife I am!  Although sometimes it causes me some serious self-doubt, mostly because he's better at it than I am, how can I wish for a husband who didn't enjoy cooking?  I can't.  And so I won't.


8.  I love that he likes to watch SYTYCD.  Maybe even more than me.  

9.  I love how responsible he is.  I have seen this especially in him as a student.  He is dedicated and nothing slides when it comes to something he's committed to.  I also know that he will always be responsible for meeting the needs of our family.  I never worry that he won't be able to take care of us.    

10.  I love how he plays with our kids.  He is the one rolling around wrestling on the floor with them.  He is the one playing baseball with McKay.  He is the one giving shoulder rides.  




11.  I love how he makes me laugh.  He teases me a lot.

12.  I love how he rocks his baldness.  We are always shocked when we see pictures of him because he looks so bald.  He really does have some hair up there.  But you know what?  '
It doesn't bother him.  And I like that.




13.  I love how smart he is.  Really, he's smart.  I am constantly amazed.  And it's not just book smart,
he also just knows things. 

14.  I love how he's considerate to other people, almost to a fault.  This can get annoying.

15.  I love that he taught himself to play the guitar.  He's always finding new things he wants to do and learn and just does them.  



16.  I love that he once put up crown molding for me in our old house and it was one of the worst experiences of his life, but he did it for me.

17.  I love his blue eyes, and long, beautiful eye lashes.  Our kids have him to thank.

18.  I love how he tries to make me smell or lick his hat after a long run.  
I never do, but he still almost always tries to get me to.  
It always makes me laugh.

19.  I love the father that he is to our kids.  Our kids are so lucky to have him as a dad.  
He loves them so much.  He is so involved in everything about them.  He is so supportive.  
I am lucky to have him as my partner in this whole parenting thing. 



20.  I love the high-pitched laugh he gets when he's laughing really hard.  
It doesn't happen all that often, but when it does it's priceless.

21.  I love how I still look at him and think he's hot

22.  I love how hard he is working for our family.  This is not an easy time for any of us, 
but especially not him.  There is so much for him to do.  So much pressure that comes with what he's learning how to do. He has a lot on his plate but he still makes me feel like we are his priority.  



23.  I love how he checks on our kids every night before he goes to bed.  Without fail.  

24.  I love how he can't stand surprises.  He is like a little kid when it comes to being surprised.
Hmmm. . .I wonder where McKay gets this from.  It's all making sense.

25.  I love that feeling our baby move freaks him out.

26.  I love how he looks in a short pair of running shorts.



27.  I love how he loves how many pictures I take.  
And how he promised not to make the i-hate-getting-my-picture-taken face ever again.  
(This one is not true, but I thought maybe if I wrote it down it might come true.  Hey, it's my birthday too!)

28.  I love how loyal he is.  He is loyal to those he loves.  He is loyal to his commitments.  He is loyal to his responsibilities and to his word.    

29.  I just love him!  I love that he's mine!  
And I love that after seven years of marriage I love him more than ever.  


Happy Birthday to my Bri.


4 comments:

Mark and Jana said...

Happy Birthday to Brian. He is a pretty amazing guy. And you are one lucky girl.

I wish I had more of # 6 and I wish Mark had more of #7 and liked # 8. Oh well.

krista bott said...

never mind jason having these traits. i wish i did. brian is a great guy and i'm glad you've made him part of our family! happy birthday to both of you

The Pingels said...

Its funny how alike he and Scotty are, especially the part about SYTYCD. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brian! (And Sarah in a couple days!)