So I've missed my regular Sunday posts due to a long trip to Utah, and right now I have so many thoughts swirling around my head that I just have to get them out. Don't think I can wait until next Sunday. But today most of my thoughts are having to do with the wee one sticking her leg underneath my right rib cage. I always keep a pregnancy journal, currently of which I am very behind on, so killing two birds with one stone and sharing it here.
- I had a doctor's appointment today. It's funny doing this for the third time. There are no questions. There isn't much to talk about during my appointments. Baby's heart rate is good. My blood pressure is good. I'm gaining weight like a champ. A heavy-weight champ. Really kinda boring.
- I did find out today that I am anemic. This is just the missing piece to the puzzle for me. I have struggled with lack of energy this whole pregnancy, and I thought it would get better after the first trimester was over, but it didn't. Now I'm happy to maybe have an answer to why I have been so
lazytired. Getting some iron supplements in the morning. I hear they bring all sorts of fun things. I hope energy is one of them.
- Really missing my old doctor in Utah today. It's just not the same.
- I can only sleep on my right side. I am still amazed that I wake up in the morning and haven't moved at all. Morning being 3:00am of course. One of my favorite postpartum perks is waking up in the morning and not even having to pee. I can't even remember that feeling.
- While we're on the subject, why is it that I am not really thirsty all day, and then when nine o'clock comes around I could drink my weight in water. . .which is currently a lot? Why can't I be thirsty in the morning when I have all day to go back and forth to the bathroom?
- Today my doctor told me that my due date is September 8th. I'm still sticking with the 9th. Just because.
- I have been pretty emotional recently. You know the feeling were you just have to cry even though you don't want to and you never know what will be the thing that pushes you over the edge to where you can't hold it in any longer? Yeah, well it turns out really stupid things can push me over the edge.
- Brian has been making me laugh by commenting on my pregnancy mask in positive ways lately. Tonight he told me, "You look beautiful right now. Your hair, your eyes. . .and your cheeks all toasted." Although I was very good at protecting the skin on my face while out in the sun these last two weeks, I came home to find that I now have signs of a beautifully toasted forehead as well.
- I am ready to get down to business as far as preparing my house for our new arrival. Elle's bedding has been purchased and as soon as we get back on top of potty training (story for another day) we will be putting her in the bottom bunk. I've started compiling my crazy list and there's lots more to be done and I'm ready to get to it.
- My mom bought some very cute things for the baby while I was visiting. Seeing clothes that are just for her make it so real. I can't wait to see her little ruffled bum!
- Still no name. A few weeks ago I thought we had agreed on one. . .well, we had agreed on one. . .loosely. . .and then someone decided to change his mind. So now we each have one that we like, and neither one of us is totally sure if we really want to use the other's. I don't know what to do about this. Maybe there is still one out there that we haven't found yet. Or maybe I should get the final say because really, who's doing all the work here? Just sayin'.
- Getting really excited to have two little girls. It was hard at first knowing that McKay might not have a brother, but I suppose it would have been hard the other way around too. I really like my little Ellie girl- she's just adorable- and so I know I'm going to like this little one just as much. Can I dress them like twins? Is that allowed?
- When we got back into town both of my neighbors said the same thing to me, "Wow, you've grown!" This was two separate occasions too. I'm kind of big. I'm kind of uncomfortable already. And I hate that.
- I am in love with Brian. You know, I just have all this extra love in my heart for him right now. Sometimes he hates when I talk like this. Actually, all the time. It makes him uncomfortable. And sometimes I like talking like this just to make him uncomfortable. Except usually it's to his face, not on my blog. But this time I really mean it. While writing his father's day card today (late) waiting in the waiting room, I just realized how lucky I am to be having another one of his babies. He's so good with his babies. This little girl is lucky to get such a dad.
- I am loving feeling this little one move around all the time. Somehow, no matter what time I go to bed, she knows that when I lay down for the night that it's time to do cartwheels. It's a fun feeling to get to fall asleep to every night. And getting under my ribs when I'm sitting up is another favorite past time. Sweet, silly baby.
Well, I guess that's it. I'm going to try my hardest to put together posts of our trip to Utah, but instead I might take the easy road with no pictures and share some thoughts on family home evening. You never know what you're gonna get!
1 comments:
I've been anemic with both pregnancies and felt like a TOTALLY different person after things got right again. I even had a friend say something to that effect when I got back on top of things with Isaac. Hang in there...
Post a Comment