Tuesday, December 14, 2010

a girls trip

My sweet mom planned a little girls trip while I was visiting.  


Layla was the lucky one who got to join us.  We carted her all over Salt Lake City. . .not really, but it felt like it.  She did lots of shopping though, and she was a little angel the whole time.  




We stayed at Little America.  My Nonnie and Poppop took Jana and I there when we were little and it reminded me of them.  This photo shoot also reminded me of that too, since Nonnie was always one to take a  good photo shoot!

We laughed SO hard taking these  pictures.  I was trying my best to look skinny.  I really wanted to put the one where Krista and I are trying to hide our neck fat with our hands, because that was the funniest one, but we'd be embarrassed.  


But I'm not too embarrassed to put this one up!


Krista is known for having an incredibly small mouth.  Like really small.  Her dentist says it's one of the top five smallest he's ever seen.  I wish I was hiding my neck fat here.





I had always wanted to eat at the Little America's breakfast buffet.  It was pretty delicious and we were full until way past lunch.  





We did some shopping at Gateway. . .lost a bag. . .bought matching shirts. . .just kidding. . .actually I'm not. . .and then headed over to Gardiner Village.  

I had never been there before and I've always wanted to go.  It was cold and raining, so we didn't go to every shop, but we ate a yummy dinner there.  Lisa spilled her rice pudding all over herself.




But that didn't stop us.  We still made it to a few shops after dinner.  I loved the Christmas one.  We all got a few ornaments and my mom treated us to a cute little Christmas book to read to our little ones.  





I sure had fun with these girls.  I am so lucky to have three sisters.  They are just the best.  And my mom who treated us to everything on this fun little girls trip-  she is so sweet and thoughtful and I just love her!


oh.

and there's one more thing.

I didn't tell you about Camilla.

To keep it brief, in our family we joke that Lisa is the queen and I am the princess.  The queen and the princess tend to have a lot of pull within the family.  The princess is much kinder than the queen.  The queen usually gets what she wants.  Anyway, this topic came up early on our little trip and it made us wonder who Jana was in our royal family.  I suggested Kate Middleton, because a kind princess would suggest someone so lovely, but the queen quickly overruled that Kate didn't fit and dubbed Jana Camilla. . .who is Prince Charles wife.  She isn't very lovely.

We called Jana Camilla the whole time and maybe you don't know this, but the royal family makes Camilla drive everywhere.  Even in snow storms.  And they just jump in the car and assume that Camilla will take them where they need to go.  


And Camilla does it!  She hates it, but she dose it.  We couldn't live without Camilla.  I love her.

5 comments:

krista bott said...

Ummmm...little mouth, little eyes, layers of neck fat...next to big mouth, huge eyes, and no neck fat. Lovely, Sarah, just LOVELY!!!

Mark and Jana said...

Camilla is going on strike. Because that is what she would do. Kate on the other hand is very kind and she might be more willing to drive her royal family around.

Maybe you ought to rethink our royal titles.

BTW- who is Krista and Mom.

Reynolds said...

So fun!! I love the Little America breakfast buffet - my first taste of Eggs Benedict was had while there and I've never been the same since.

BTW, Layla's blessing dress really is lovely. So pretty.

kim said...

Camilla I love you! And Jana would make a lovely Kate. I'm voting for the name change. You girls just make me laugh. Looks like such a fun time, and so fun you get to see each other so often.

And I agree....Layla's blessing dress---LOVELY!

Sarah and Desmond said...

How fun, I wish I had sisters I could go on a girls trip. Tell Penny, she can adopt me for a day or two. :)