Thursday, December 2, 2010

pregnant party

Every year we do a party for my parent's birthdays, which are in December.  I think I've explained it on here before, but we pick a theme having to do with some part of their lives and just have a silly party.  This year's theme:
All things PREGNANCY!

(Wish her eyes were open, but don't you think my mom looks fabulous just before giving birth to me?)


Listen, you're either going to laugh, or think we are totally insane when you read about this party.  I myself, laugh every time I think about it, so you know where I stand.  

At the beginning of the party, mom and dad are directed from the garage through the mudroom where there is usually a clue or two about the theme.  This here is a cervix.  Yep, you read that right.  Mark and Jason are peaking through a fully dilated cervix (the sign is turned around, but it read 10cm).  Mom and dad opened the door, saw the hanging cervix, and their welcome to the world!



Once they come into the room, we all are busy "acting" out the theme.  So basically, we were all in labor, holding newborns, at lamaze class or anything else that has to do with pregnancy (well. . .not everything:) we were acting it out!  Here is Jana going through a serious contraction with Jason coaching, and Carson snuggling.  







Don't be scared. . .but here is a picture of a bunch of adults and kids pregnant with balloon babies.  And also, a newborn Andrew, still attached to the umbilical cord.  





Not sure why my sisters all look so cute and I'm, well. . .I got to dress up like my mom.  And Jana actually was pregnant in this picture, but not that pregnant.   



Me and my sisters love doing this every year.  We have so much fun planning these parties, and probably not very surprisingly, we quite often just throw them together.  But we have fun and we all laugh and our kids LOVE this tradition.  



I think they love it too.  And we sure love them and love celebrating them in this crazy way. . .balloon babies and all! 





And just for fun:
I love this picture.  

0 comments: