Um, the only picture I took this whole week. It was really funny to this girl to look through the hole in her book. I was trying to get a shot of when she rested her two top teeth on the edge of the circle. I love those big teeth.
- I realized something. Maybe why blogging is hard for me right now is because I do it on the absolute worst night of my week. Sunday night. I hate Sunday nights. Remember when Sunday nights were fun and we were all together the whole night and no one had to leave and I didn't have to hold in my tears and comfort my two crying children who dont' want their dad to go again? I remember those times every Sunday night and get sad that it can't be that way right now. I'm tired of this.
- If you weren't keeping track, which you probably weren't, it's going on twelve weeks since Brian has "lived" with us. He visits, but he hasn't lived here for 12 weeks. This is so sad to me, and so exhausting to him. My poor husband has been living out of a suitcase for 12 weeks. Even when he's here, his suitcase still sits in the middle of our bedroom as he unpacks a little here and then re-packs it all a couple days later. His food is kept in our big blue cooler, which I have grown to hate because it smells like food and reminds me of him leaving. He heads out the door with his broken black suitcase in one hand, the blue cooler in the other and his backpack full of books on his back. He really is so tired of this life.
- Today I taught the young women combined lesson. On about Friday I started to have that feeling of dread. You know that feeling that won't go away until whatever it is you have to do is over with? Yeah, that one. Then today I realized that Brian has probably had that feeling for the last three months. Maybe longer. He is doing hard things, you guys, and I'm proud of him.
- In my lesson today for some reason I kept using the word weird. Like I over-used it. I even said, "Rachel, will you please read this quote. Now, this quote is kind of weird." What? Who says that about a quote they are using in their lesson?
- I'm relived its over. . .and now I get to focus on preparing for preschool that I'm teaching this week.
- I want to tell you about Layla. She is so horrible on Sundays. She must hate them too, because all day today she just had this crazed look in her eyes and we were a little bit scared of what she might try to pull. Usually this is just at church, but today it continued throughout the day.
- She also really, really loves Halloween candy and will follow the bowl around like a little puppy. It may have been kind of mean to tease her by moving the bowl every time she got close to it, but it was really funny, and we did give her some.
- Layla is my first child to love to color. She can be entertained with crayons and paper for a lot longer than my other two- which was never.
- McKay is getting really into drawing though. He has learned a lot about creating pictures and I love to see what he comes up with.
- Except at church today when he drew a picture of one guy killing another guy with arrows. I guess it's time to delete that game on dads phone.
- I'm not a fan of daylight savings. Brian doesn't see the big deal, and I tell him it's because he is not in charge of three children who are on strict bedtime/naptime routines. An hour is a big deal for a napping baby! I usually spend the next week living between the two times. It's totally annoying.
- Ellery has memorized the pledge of allegiance. She recites it at school, but I had no idea it was sticking. Those are hard words! McKay does not say the pledge at school and is really envious of her knowing it. She is trying to teach him.
- Brian ran his trail half marathon. He enjoyed it and his new shoes served him well.
- Lets talk about my vacuum. Have we before? I don't know, but our poor vacuum is just about dead. I am hoping that it will kind of last until Brian has a job, but that will be one of our first purchases. I cleaned out our vacuum this week like I have never cleaned a vacuum before. I was washing filters, cutting hair (oh the hair!) and opening compartments that I didn't eve know existed. I was sure the vacuum would have new life after that cleaning. Nope. Still won't pick up the hair or half the crumbs. I feel so gross about this.
- Ellery had her well child check up this week, and they all got their flu shots while we were at it. So here's the story: McKay decides he'll go first. Then after 30 seconds of feeling brave, decides to begin crying and not go first. Ellery goes first. She has to get five shots. She whimpers a little before, then cries with the shots, then is placed on a chair, still crying. Layla is walking around the room unattended. It's McKay's turn. He gets on the table and begins to absolutely freak out. Kicking, screaming, twisting, crying, contorting. It was bad. Nurse uses force and expects me to follow. She plans on holding him down and just doing it. She's waving the shot around in her hand as we try to get him to sit still. He is going completely nuts and is terrified. I realize how ridiculous and wrong this feels. I demand that we stop. She says okay, but has major attitude. She is like twenty two years old, and I don't even think she's a nurse. She begins to bug me really bad. I try to talk to McKay and calm him down. Nurse, however, is still standing there with the shot, holding his legs down. All of my reassuring and reasoning is lost because he is afraid nurse is going to poke him any second. She keeps telling him (with her attitude) "I'm not doing anything." I want McKay to kick nurse. Finally, I give up and he continues to freak out and nurse pokes him with the shot. McKay stops crying immediately and says, "That didn't even hurt." I was so disturbed and upset for many reasons.
- Layla got hers and barely made a peep. She also was very attracted our doctor and wanted him to hold her practically the whole time. He would put her down to do something and she'd just go right back to him, holding our her arms to be picked back up. He loved this because he says it never happens with babies.
- Ellery has great hearing and vision and is in the 50th percentile for height and weight.
- McKay's soccer season is finally over. We had a team party at Godfather's Pizza and he got a trophy. McKay had an awesome coach, who said that McKay did great at learning the game (his first year playing) and always wanted to make sure he was doing things right. He had a really great experience with soccer this year.
- To get Ellery to do anything but a pony tail or wild hair (down), I have named different hair-do's in an attempt to get her to want them. The regulars are a princess twist, and a princess crown. Toady she sported the princess crown to church. It's also very cute to note that she thinks crown is a very beautful name and will sometimes name her girls Crown. I love that.
0 comments:
Post a Comment