Friday, April 27, 2012

friends we miss

Here are some of our very favorite friends we had to leave behind:


Deanna McRae
Truly a little angel in my life.  She was my friend, she was my visiting teaching partner, she was like a (young) mother to me while I was there.  She really reached out and helped whenever she saw a need and truly took care of us.  She is the mother to six wonderful boys and has a heart of gold.  Really felt lucky to be able to call her my friend and know such a wonderful family.





Matthew Broberg
This is McKay's kindergarten buddy.  They went to preschool together for a year, and then got to do half of kindergarten together too.  I love this kid so much.  He was always fun to have around.  So good, polite and funny.  He and McKay would go to each other's houses a lot before school and ride the bus together.  They loved to trick the bus driver at the different stops.  Matthew never ate a bite of food when he was at our house.  I would feed him lunch and he would barely nibble on a cracker.  I was always so worried until one day I talked to his mom about it and she said that he has an extremely sensitive gag reflex and if there is anyone chewing with their mouth open, or especially a baby eating with their hands and smearing it all over, he could easily throw up!  I about died laughing, and I guess Layla ruined his appetite every time!  Such a sweet boy though.




Blayke Gardiner
One of Ellery's best friends.  They were very similar in their taste for dress ups and all things girly.  As soon as they would get together, clothes would be flying off and before you could even blink, there would be two princesses, or ballerinas or something beautiful standing before you.  Ellery could get really bossy with Blayke, for some reason, but I'm told Blayke did the same thing at her house.  It was always a very good day for Elle is she could play with Blayke.



Stephanie Broberg
 This is one of the most beautiful people I have ever known.  She is so kind, so loving, so generous, and just so good.  She was the relief society president almost the whole time we lived there and I learned so much from her.  She's also Matthews mom.  She has two daughters, Audrey and Caroline, and I am so sad that we don't live there anymore, purely for the fact that those two girls can't be my babysitters in a few years.  The whole Broberg family is as sweet as their mom.  


Hendrickson girls
I don't have a picture of all three (now four) of the cute Hendrickson girls, but we sure loved them, and their sweet mom.  Ellery and McKenzie were best buds and we all loved sweet Halle and spunky Taylor too.  


Rilynne Hollist
Rilynne was our closest ward member and we were sure happy when she got old enough to play with us outside and have play dates at our house.  She loved the kids and would just run right over to our garage and join in whatever was going on.  She is such a cutie and we already miss playing with her and her mom, Cathy.  

0 comments: