Tuesday, April 3, 2012

thoughts on my family

I feel like I have not really captured who my family is on my blog lately, so that's what this is.

Layla:

  • Loves being outside and would "jump, jump" on the tramp all the time if we let her.  
  • Has a knack for collecting rocks while outside and holds them in her fists just like Elle does with her princesses.  Tonight she fell apart because she wanted to sleep with two she had collected.
  • Has a vocabulary and understanding that truly amazes me.  She not only says new words almost daily, but shocks me with how she can communicate feelings and her comprehension.  I kind of feel like she will be the genius of the fam.
  • Sleeps upstairs in a huge room alone while we listen to her through the monitor.
  • Definitely has a girly preference all the sudden.  Last week she wore a white dress to church and I could tell she felt gorgeous in it.  Today she saw the dress, grabbed it, and with a smile said, "dress!".  Of course I let her wear it again.  
  • Loves baths so much.
Ellery
  • Snuggles
  • Softest skin in the fam
  • Talks about her family to every one
  • Is in a new preschool group with our new neighbors- the Bakers.
  • If you give her affection/attention, you are her best friend.
  • Loves playing with her cousin Ash.
  • Is not as into skirts and dresses lately.
  • Favorite movie right now is green eggs and ham.
  • Has struggled going to primary lately
  • Is into playing with the boys

McKay
  • Loves playing outside.  
  • Is way into playing Grandma's old school Nintendo and tries to recruit anyone who will play.
  • Is hardly watching any tv now that there is so much attention to go around at Grandma's.
  • Has completely abandoned any little skill he built playing by himself.
  • Finally grew out of his brown shoes- we all are sad, they were the best.
  • Never wants to go to school in the morning, but is happy as can be when he comes home.
  • Is having the hardest time with daylight savings.
  • Is really dirty lately.
  • I love reading what he writes in school.
  • Might never want to leave this neighborhood.

0 comments: