Woke up early (we hit the yard sales!) to birthday decorations.
Opened one present because it was hard to wait until four when dad and McKay got home.
Her very own chapstick, and plenty of it. She loved it. She often asks people if they have chapstick and she loves mine, so I knew it would be the perfect gift.
Happy girl. Yeah, I feel a little bit weird that I got my baby chapstick, knowing that she would eat all of it. Anything for this birthday girl!
Donuts from Daylight here in PG. So yum! And chocolate milk, of course. Another one of her favorite things.
Her siblings were really helpful with opening presents. Baby "rella" and this "punzel" barbie were a big deal for this girl.
Then. . .off to Chuck E. Cheese! It's hard to have Layla and McKay two days apart, but one nice thing about it is that on the years that one of them has a friend party, or "theme birthday" as McKay calls them, the other doesn't and so we get to do something fun as a family. And all you parents know that nothing is more fun or exciting or special for kids as Chuck. E. Cheese. Plus, it's easy, so I'm a fan.
Riding the rides. She's a little young for the games. . .okay, a lot young actually.
But she still liked the little rides, and especially liked driving in the race car game. She kept wanting to play that one.
Luckily no one was scared of the characters this year. Layla kept wanting to see Chuck E. again after he came out once. She's way braver than Elle was at her age.


Really great prizes, especially love those braids.
Time for cake.
Brian has been giving me a hard time because I wanted to make Layla a chocolate zucchini cake. (Jenn, mine didn't taste anywhere near as good as yours. Sad.) I stand by my decision. She loved it.
I can't really express how much happiness this little one brings to our family. She is definitely a little light around here. I love how independent she is. I love how well she understands and expresses herself. I love how much she loves her older brother and sister. I love that she can play by herself and how much she loves books. I love how she thinks the kitchen floor is a stage and sings at the top of her lungs at least once a day. I love how she is still my baby, at least for a little bit longer. I just love her.
Happy Birthday, baby girl!




1 comments:
I love those two tiny candles on that big ole zucchini cake. And I love her too, alot.
Post a Comment