We're back.
Just a disclaimer...I didn't have time to give McKay a haircut before we left so I took him to the place inside Walmart because I was there anyway. Well, he screamed and screamed and needless to say, you can see he didn't get a haircut. So we have some nice shaggy shots of him. On a related note, I decided to try to trim my own bangs right before we left. Um, it didn't really work out how I planned. Much harder than hair stylist Jenna described. Brian came home, looked at me and said, "did you do something to your hair?" This lets me know they look bad because usually he wouldn't even notice a bang trim from Jenna. I guess I won't be trying that again. So don't look too close at our hair. Anyway, we survived the nine hour drive. Both kids were great. McKay only had one breakdown on the way there and one on the way back. Not too bad. Luckily we brought aunt Jaynie and aunt Marilyn with us to help out with the kiddos. They were fabulous and Brian and I both decided that we couldn't have done it without them. Grandma and Grandad couldn't resist flying out for a few days to see McKay's first taste of Disneyland so it was fun to have them there for awhile too.
We had such a fun time. We were definitely impressed by Disneyland. It really is amazing. There is no liter to be found. Not thanks to the customers, just the fact that they practically follow you around with a broom and dustpan, sweeping up trash just as it hits the floor. And just the feeling there. Magical place? Yes, I think it is. McKay loved all the rides. We were afraid that he would be scared of some of them, but he was a brave little boy the whole time, although he decided he didn't want to try Pirates a second time. The first day he didn't really show any emotion at all, happy, sad, scared, excited. Nothing. He was just kind of in a daze. By the second day he decided that Disneyland was pretty fun and came out of his trance.
One of the most exciting moments of our trip was our celebrity sighting. I don't know if it was as exciting as seeing Lindsey Lohan at the mall last Fall, but close. We rode the roller coaster with Sean Astin. Who? I know, I know...not the most exciting celebrity. You would know him as Rudy or Sam in the Lord of the Rings. I was the ever sneaky paparazzi pretending to take pictures of other people but really capturing the back of his head. His hat even says Astin as proof. Another noteworthy thing is that his wife took a picture of their little girl with McKay. Do you think we're famous now too?
Brian's favorite game to play was "spot the Mormons". He totally thinks he's the master at this game, but I don't know how hard it was. Modest clothes, good hygiene, young couples with more than one kid. Pretty easy. No, Brian was good at it...as far as we know. He couldn't always prove he was right...but he did amaze us all when he predicted the "rated R movie girl" as a Mormon on American Idol before she gave any clues. What a talent he has!
We were so sad to leave the 70 degree weather in California. We were even sadder when we woke up to fresh snow outside today. Oh well. It's good to be home and I've already done all the laundry, so life's not so bad.
Well, I do believe that this is the most lengthy post I've ever done. Great job if you made it all the way.
1 comments:
What a fun trip! It's so funny that Brian does the "spot the Mormon" game cuz we totally do that too and I totally predicted the Idol girl as well! Anyway, glad you had such a fun trip, that you survived being away from home, and I'm glad you are back safe!
Post a Comment