Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sweet Little Girl

Ellery was blessed on Sunday. Brian gave her a really sweet blessing. I just have to say that I'm glad I'm not the one up there giving a blessing. I was nervous enough already just knowing he had to do it, I can't imagine if I had to. But he did great, and my prayers were answered because Elle just looked up at him wide eyed and quiet during the whole thing. I always worry that my kids will cry during their blessings. I remember when McKay was blessed I was so paranoid that he would scream during the whole thing (that wasn't unusual for him) and he just pooped instead which kept him busy, and quiet, during his blessing. I didn't even care, I was just so glad that he was good.
We had a really nice lunch at Brian's parent's house. Everyone in both our families was able to be there which was fun. I didn't want to bother making anything fancy, so I bought a couple trays of those turkey wraps from Costco. So yummy...but we had about a whole tray leftover. I don't know how I miscounted so huge, but we were able to send everyone home with a plate wraps, so I guess it worked out.

We just love our little Ellery so much and I already can't imagine life without her. I have been hugely blessed with a really good baby. I am amazed at how easy she is. She is so adaptable to anything we're doing and just goes right along with it. She's such a sweet little thing, always happy and smiling...well, almost always. Plus, I think she's pretty cute too. Here are a few pics of the day.
All dressed up, ready to go!


The sweet little booties Grandma made. So precious!


Family picture. Lucky to get a half decent smile out of McKay.



Daddy's girl.


Our little pioneer baby. I didn't realize her dress was so...what's the word?...pioneerish? Oh well, still adorable!


More from the photo shoot in the living room.




Cute Elle. The end!

5 comments:

shannyn said...

I'm sad we missed Ellery's blessing. She does look absolutely adorable. We miss you guys

Anonymous said...

Her dress turned out really cute! She is such a beautiful little girl and McKay just keeps getting cuter and cuter. Wish we could see you more!

Mark said...

That's awesome. You have a cute and great family. We are so blessed to even know you guys, let alone be friends with you. ;)

Molly and Jason said...

Oh my gosh!!! She is so cute! I think she totally looks like McKay. Does anyone else tell you that?!

Kristen said...

Sarah, you guys are so cute! Look at your perfect little family.
It was good to see you at Katie's house. I'm a little sad we didn't get to see McKay so we'll need to come visit.