Today I recited the Young Women's theme with a group of young women for the first time in ten years. It was weird to hear myself saying it again, but aside from the new additions, I still knew it. As I stood up to introduce myself to those young women that I don't know at all yet, I felt like I was still one of them. Am I really old enough to be leading them? It was strange. But also exciting.
It seems like for the past two weeks young women's is all I've been thinking about. All I've been praying about. All I've been worrying about. Poor Brian is tired of hearing me talk about it. He's also been getting a kick out of saying, "You're not the president of me." when I ask him to do something. I'm a little bit terrified of this new calling. . .but grateful for the already amazing experiences that have helped me to know that it's where I'm supposed to be. And grateful for the things that fall into place right when you need them to. And definitely grateful for both the wonderful blessings that Brian and the bishop gave me, specifically reminding me that the Lord will make up for my weaknesses. . .which are many. "The Lord doesn't call the equipped, He equips the called." Counting on that.
As if all that hadn't already complicated my previously very uncomplicated life, I now have been summoned to report to jury duty selection. Really hoping that they don't want me, although dad says, "it's a privilege." Cross your fingers.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
but I'm twelve
Posted by
Sarah
at
Sunday, February 08, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
You are so qualified for this calling. The girls are going to LOVE you. And I secretly hope you get picked for jury duty. Sorry but it's true.
sarah are you the new young womens' president? you're going to be awesome, you are a great role model for the girls and so much fun. i'm so happy for you.
Did you get called to YW's president? Tallie just got the same calling. I don't feel like we are old enough for that calling. So weird. I'm with Jana, I would love to read about your jury duty.
Sarah you are going to be wonderful! I can't imagine how busy you are going to be.
Hello again! Yea, IDI was bought out by another company in Aug 07. After you left there was a receptionist that was a huge mess and came to work high all the time and stuff so Mark put me up front where I stayed until I left. I still have a hard time liking Kevin. He was a horrible boss and a horrible person. You wouldn't beleive how rediculous that man is. Anyways, I just have to tell you that my silly dad still loves that Snood game that you showed me and then I showed him. Remember how occupied that would keep us!
When I was the Primary President, my life was insanely busy already, but I truly saw miracles come to pass in my life - sometimes miracles would happen every five minutes just to get me through the day. I miss those kinds of blessings! I'm so excited that you get to experience those things though! Oh, and Preston told me he met you today!!!
~Chandi
Oh you will be fabulous!
If I am assuming right and you are the YW president you will be awesome. Those girls will love having someone so young and cute. I am in beehives and I love it, but it is really strange because we meet in the same room that I had YW in growing up-it is a little surreal. Good luck you will be amazing.
Post a Comment