Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Catchin' Up

There are about a dozen things that I've been meaning to blog about. I'm just trying to make it day to day at this point, but I decided that tonight is the night that I do a post! So that's what I'm doing. To condense the last several weeks events into one post I decided to pick just one picture of whatever we've done. And just a few random ones thrown in.



Like this one. How could I take away her purple crayon? Mean mother.





Nash and Elle. We love having play dates with Nash and Gray (and Halle too). I really like their expressions in this picture. They are so annoyed/bored with me taking their picture.





Swimming at the Lehi Legacy center with cousins and Poppy. They all piled on his back and he swam them around.Such a fun kids pool, if you haven't ever been.



Eto forgot his swimsuit. By the way, his name is Ethan. Eto is just the most wonderful nickname that I will use until I die. Do you know any Ethan's? Try it out.



Taking a turn being Lisa. Lisa is my sister. She has seven kids (including Eto). Her and Trevor went on a cruise and so my mom, Jana and Mark, and I took shifts while they were gone. I had a short shift, but I learned that being Lisa is hard, McKay ignores me when he's around his cousins, they get an enormous amount of sales calls and Ellery plus two flights of stairs equals total exhaustion.



But it was fun being around my cute neices and nephews for a couple days. I got to help Alyssa make that beautiful poster. And I got to help Bryson with his Valentine's box, and calm Brandon down after a piano practice melt down. And snuggle with Ashie- she's a snuggler and Ellery is not, so I enjoyed all the snuggles I could get.



Ellery found this in the garbage. The reaction when I took it away was similar to the purple crayon.




I just thought she looked especially beautiful here, chubby cheeks and all. I like this girl a lot.



Jump On It! McKay was a blur running and jumping around, Ellery was trying to keep up right behind him. Independent, that one.




I think McKay liked Valentines day almost as much as Christmas. That's what's great about this holiday. Kids think it's so special, but it takes hardly any preparation. He was thrilled with making Valentines for daddy, donuts for breakfast, which are "very unhealthy"- he always reminds us, balloons, a pink bath, picking out a red shirt to wear, calling several relatives to wish them a happy valentine's day, and seeing both sets of grandparents. It was a good day for this boy.


It was a a good day for this girl, too. She ate this whole donut for breakfast. I was amazed.



McKay also went to the circus with Grandma, and the aunts, but every time I tried to upload the picture, a picture of my cat came up. Is she sending me a message from the other side?

Tibbers, are you there?

3 comments:

Reynolds said...

You are the busiest, funnest, person I know!

Anonymous said...

I hope Tibs doesn't answer that question crazy cat lady! I love it that Ellery is indepedent!

buff's stuff said...

i've been thinking about you a lot. wondering how you are with all of the new things to keep you even more busy. this post made me feel so much better about peyton being into EVERYTHING!! i remember now that it's just the age they're at. heew!