Monday, February 23, 2009

i'm addicted

To chapstick. Lip balm. Whatever you call it, I'm addicted to it. I can't go very long without putting it on, and I definitely can't sleep without it. I apply it right before I fall asleep, so that it will last longer through the night. If by any chance my kids wake up during the night, I must then reapply.


In the wintertime I found the most wonderful chapstick. And it actually is Chapstick! The peppermint flavor became my chapstick of choice and I never planned to change. Well, now it's February and I cannot find it anywhere! I am scraping the bottom of my purse tube, and my kitchen counter tube is getting too low for comfort. My night time tube is the one that has been replaced by various alternatives. Cherry Natural Ice is the best alternate, but I'm really missing my peppermint. (It has to be minty/menthol chapstick too, if not, it makes my lips crave it even more) Jana recommended Burt's Bees, so today I bought one when I was at Walmart. I liked it, but it's no peppermint.

2 comments:

Turbo said...

I'm totally with you on this one! I'm actually a fan of the natural ice, more so than the Peppermint Chappy. The ironic part is that it is distributed by Mentholatum in Orchard Park NY (a couple of hours upstate from me), but NO WHERE carries it in NYC. So I order it from Ski-n-see in bulk. They take credit cards over the phone, and ship. They may have your brand also, maybe hit them up. FYI (you probably already know this, being a lip balm connoisseur) Burts Bees also makes a mean peppermint lip balm. Good luck!

Kristen said...

oh my goodness, chapstick! me too. I'm so addicted and have been for years, it's kind of sad. My chapstick of choice is usually cherry chapstick. But we've drifted to strawberry or mint from time to time. Chapstick brand has a new one called vanilla mint which is kind of the minty/menthol thing but not quite as strong. However, I love love the plain mint (green one). But I can't use minty/menthol ones when I'm eating or just don't want that flavor in my mouth. And I totally have a chapstick in all parts of my house too! one in my nightstand, one in the kitchen, one in the office, one in the bathroom, one in my purse, one in my desk at work, one in the car. Because its the most awful thing ever when you're stuck without it. AND I realized that we need to stock up on chapstick for our emergency kits. It would be so horrible to be stuck without chapstick in an emergency!
oh wow, can't believe i had so much to say about chapstick!
by the way, i've been meaning to call you all week, or write a big post to the best friend. I will.