Last year Brian said that he wanted to run the Boston Marathon again someday. Neither of us expected it to be just a year later.
He ran the marathon again for his team Marathon Strides against MS last week. He and his dad, McKay, tackled Boston again and this time left all the girls at home. They said they were both missing their own personal cheerleaders at mile 24, but they got to do some fun boy things like in the picture below, without a bunch of girls to whine about how long and boring baseball games are.
A RedSox game at Fenway Park- one of Brian's dreams fulfilled. I just asked Brian how the game was, since I'm finding it hard to write about something that I didn't experience, and he said, "We ate hot dogs and basked in the history and the glow of Fenway Park." Sad to have missed that. . .
Here are the runners after the race. They were freezing and sore and so relieved to be done.
And here's Mr. MS himself. For those of you who aren't familiar with marathons, Boston is the big one. It's a difficult course and it's quite an accomplishment for these two. Sometimes when we're driving Brian will relate the distance from where we've come from to marathon miles. I still can't believe he can run that long. I also can't believe he continually wants to, but we're so proud of our runner- and of Grandad too!
2 comments:
2 years in a row is pretty awesome.
I think they are amazing. Remember how emotional they get when they are running? I found myself getting teary everytime I would get a text telling me Dad's progress. I guess maybe I have some runner blood in me.
Post a Comment