I am so in love with this little girl. I get teary with feelings of gratefulness that she was sent to our family. What a gift she is. I think it's safe to say that I was in shock for about ten months that she was coming to me. Even when she got here it really did take me a little longer to fully understand the blessing that she is. But I get it now. I so get it.
The last several days I've been taking time to have some quiet moments with just me and her. I love holding her and looking into her eyes. I keep thinking about how there's a little person in there- in those eyes. I can't wait to see who she will be. I am so excited that I get to have her in my life and continually get to know her.
I am realizing more than ever how fast these babies grow. I am trying to memorize the way her cute little chin quivers for no reason. . .the sound she makes when she's tired and wants to snuggle. . .the feel of her tiny naked body when I hug her before a bath. . .the way her eye lids droop open and shut when she's trying not to fall asleep. . .and the sound of her voice when she coos back at me. I can't believe how much she's grown already- before I know it she will be walking.
I am realizing more than ever how fast these babies grow. I am trying to memorize the way her cute little chin quivers for no reason. . .the sound she makes when she's tired and wants to snuggle. . .the feel of her tiny naked body when I hug her before a bath. . .the way her eye lids droop open and shut when she's trying not to fall asleep. . .and the sound of her voice when she coos back at me. I can't believe how much she's grown already- before I know it she will be walking.
As I snuggle her I keep thinking about how much I just completely love her. Will she always know that? Will she even understand how much I love her? That is partly why I wanted to write this down. So that one day when she is holding her own baby in her arms feeling so completely smitten and overwhelmed with love, she will know that I held her the same way.
And she will understand how much her I love her.
And she will understand how much her I love her.
2 comments:
I shed a few tears with that post. They do grow up so fast. And oh how much we love them. Do they even know?
So sweet. Sarah you put a universal motherhood feeling into words. It also goes into grandmotherhood. I never knew how much my grandma loved me until I became a grandma myself.
Post a Comment