- This picture about explains our week. Those two girls pretty much kept me completely exhausted- alternating waking up during the night. Brian must have snapped this pic on his way out for a morning run. Ellery kept throwing up randomly- like every three days. I suspected strep throat since the vomiting was so un-flu like. I was right. Boo.
- I haven't cut Layla's fingernails yet. When Ellery was born I cut them too soon and they were sore and some bled. I'm scared to do it and now they're getting long.
- There is nothing quite like getting dressed for church after having a baby. I only have so many "fat" clothes that are fancy enough. Mostly I am in sweatshirts. I can't wait to fit back into my whole wardrobe.
- "Jesus is very sad that you took away my princesses." Do I really need to explain this? She sure has a healthy dose of spice in her. Thank goodness there's sweetness as well.
- One thing that is stressing me out is Layla's routine. . .or lack thereof. At first I was just fine to go with her flow and let her be a newborn. But now she's practically a teenager and still no definite routine. It's my goal to figure it out in the next two weeks. I hope she cooperates.
- We were sad to say goodbye to Jana and Carson on Tuesday. It was so much fun having them here. Layla enjoyed it because half of the kisses from Ellery went to Carson so she got a little break.
- I was pleasantly surprised when I moved here and found that I wasn't intimidated by driving around Portland. I usually don't like driving in unfamiliar places, but getting used to making my way around here has been pretty easy. That is until I drove Jana to the airport during rush hour. Since we left from another location downtown, we used the GPS to get us there. All the sudden we were crossing the biggest bridge in Portland that I had never even been on before and the GPS was calculating and the guy behind me was mad because he was looking out his window (I saw him) and didn't notice the slowing in front of him and he was waving his arms around at me and I didn't know what exit to take and it was just generally very stressful. So stressful in fact that when I finally made it home from the airport my shoulders and neck were so tight and tense and killing me.
- Brian doesn't like rubbing my tense shoulders. I am sad about this.
- Let me tell you something about Brian that I JUST discovered today. First, a back story. When we lived in Utah Brian was a nurse in the cardiovascular ICU. Very sick people- mostly old. He would regularly check the obituaries to see if any of his patients had died. Well, this morning I found him at the computer scoping out the obituaries on the Herald. He still looks at them! I think this is totally weird. I felt like I caught him doing something naughty. . .but instead of naughty it was creepy. He doesn't think it's creepy and was surprised that I didn't know about his obituary habit. I feel like I don't even know him. The end.
- We got a membership to OMSI which is a huge science museum in Portland. This is also where the infamous earthquake house is. The one that gave McKay the big nightmare that consumed our house for a week. Well, happy to report that my boy- now five and much more mature- was able to go back to the earthquake house and all is well. No nightmares. He was proud of himself.
- One of my favorite things is pulling out of our driveway and seeing all the leaves fly off of the car. I love fall and today when I took the garbages out to the curb it smelled like fall.
- Life seems to be coming at me so fast lately. Having three kids makes me feel busier than ever. . .which is a good thing. I seem to have so many things to do and it's never-ending. I haven't even been able to find time to paint my toenails. They are just naked. (No mom, I haven't gotten my pedicure yet. I don't know if I ever will. But thank you still.) I only notice this on Sundays when I'm wearing heels and my ugly toes are peeking out at me screaming for some color.
- Like right now- I need to be preparing for my girl's third birthday tomorrow. So I really should stop this and do that. I have balloons to blow up and banners to hang and presents to wrap, and a party to plan. That's why I kind of hate this post. Can you tell? My heart just isn't in it and I rushed through.
- One last thing though. Look at these two pirates I had yesterday. They got to go to McKay's best friend Talan's pirate party. McKay got Talan a bug vacuum gun. He pretty much couldn't sleep the night before the party because he was so excited about this gift- especially since they had just started a bug club earlier this week. I'm so glad that McKay has such a good little buddy to play with. They are little kindred spirits.
Happy Sunday!
1 comments:
I love reading the obits, too. You never know what (or who) you'll find. I always hate, though, when they don't say how they died. I want to know.
Love the pirates!
Post a Comment