After a torturous day of waiting, I finally got the call from the neurologist this afternoon with my results. Actually, it was a call from his assistant, who actually doesn't really know the answers to my questions, and is actually just an annoying middle-man.
Anyway, good news! There are still no lesions on my spine, no new lesions in my brain and none were enhanced by the dye. So nothing has changed since last time. I'm so grateful for these results. I had been feeling unsettled after the MRI and seriously the anticipation of getting that phone call resulted in me hardly being able to function today. After I hung up the phone I immediately felt better.
The doctor now wants to do a lumbar puncture. I was a bit confused by this since they had said a couple months ago that they didn't feel that they needed to when I asked about it. I guess since the MRI didn't show anything new, a lumbar puncture could possibly lead to a diagnosis. . .or not. That's kind of the really annoying thing about all this. It can take years to diagnose MS. That's hard to think about sometimes.
Thanks to everyone who was fasting and praying for me. It's quite an amazing thing to experience that kind of love and faith. I am blessed and my heart is full. Last time, when this was all so new, I explained to my sister how I was so overwhelmed/stressed/scared/sick/exhausted that I felt like there were some days that I couldn't even pray because it was all just too much. Like I physically and mentally couldn't even wrap my brain around a prayer. She said to me, "It's okay. This is when you have to rely on the prayers of those who love you." That was a comforting thought back then that gave me a lot of peace. Now, I'm happy that I am not in that place anymore, but still feel so much love and support and peace from the thoughts and prayers of my loved ones. Thank you.
Now just trying not to freak out about a lumbar puncture. Brian says it's no big deal- he deals with cerebrospinal fluid all the time. Comforting.
4 comments:
that is good news!! i hope all the other tests come back the same way. i think about you guys all the time.
Hooray for great news! Glad you're doing okay. Love you.
Yay for good news! Still thinking and praying for you girl! Hugs
We are so glad to hear the good news. We love you!
Post a Comment