Sunday, March 27, 2011

thoughts on a sunday

Cute cousins.  

  • Ahhh, I'm behind!  It's hard to get back to my Sunday thoughts when I skipped a week.  Now I feel like there is a million things to write about and a million more I've forgotten about.  It's much easier to keep up with it.  I'll do my best.  I hope this isn't a marathon post, but prepare yourself. . .it is me here.
  • So right now I'm sitting here with my little Layes.  We're sick.  I'm feeling okay, but have to snort every five seconds or sneeze if I don't, so I thought it best if I just stay away from the good people at church.
      
  • This has given me time to catch up on some blogging.  As you can see, I've posted quite a bit today.

  •  We've had lots of visitors the last two weeks.  Lisa and Ashlyn left on Monday, and I picked Jana, Mark and Carson up on Wednesday morning!  It's been so great to have them all here.  It's annoying though, because me, Jana, Mark and Layla all have a yucky cold thing going on.

  • When Lisa was here we thought Ellery broke her foot.  She jumped off the stairs and landed funny.  It happened right before bed and she cried for a little bit, but then went right to sleep.  We were worried when she woke up three times during the night due to pain in her foot.  That morning she woke up still crying about it and hobbling around.  I carried her up to her room and said, "Okay, you can stay here in your room and play.  I'm done carrying you." A few minutes later she ran into my room and said she was all better.  It was a miracle.  But then I noticed that she was walking on the outside of her foot and she wouldn't wear her boots because they hurt.  So that night Brian took her to the insta care to get an x-ray.  We were worried that something had fractured or broken or something, but the x-ray was clean.  She still walked funny for a couple days, but the foot's completely fine now.

  • McKay started tee ball last week.  He plays for the Dodgers, much to Brian's dismay, although we are all pretending to really love the Dodgers.  I actually don't have to pretend.  Anyway, McKay is so excited about tee ball and I really wish I was there his first practice because Brian said you've never seen a kid more serious about tee ball practice in your life.  I can imagine.
       
  • Lets just really talk about this tee ball thing for a second.  Brian signed him up and committed to doing everything tee ball related.  Then I started seeing emails from his coach.  Lengthy, detailed emails about tee ball practice for five year olds.  Then I saw the schedule.  Two practices a week.  A game on Saturday.   That's three days a week!  I became very concerned with tee ball taking over our lives and Brian assured me that I wouldn't have to worry.  Well, I'm still worried.  And I froze my little buns off when Brian was at the hospital 'til eight pm and I had to take McKay and Jaxon to their practice.  And just to top it all off, someone is going to Grants Pass for a month and will miss tee ball for an entire month.  So I think I really do have to worry about it.  I'm not ready for this.  I didn't grow up with brothers so this is all new and slightly ridiculous to me.  Think of me in May...

  • Last week McKay had another big day at preschool.  He was the VIP.  We brought in some of his animals to show the class and gave out animal crackers.

  • Brian started at the VA last week.  It has been a hard week for him, adjusting to yet another hospital, and this one is more of a challenge due to those vets- they're much sicker with a more intense health history than he's used to.  It's going to be great experience for him though.  Oh, and also,he has a pager, so he's cool.

  • On Thursday he had one case that lasted ALL day- a kidney transplant.  He missed the BYU game, tee ball practice and our pizza party.  He didn't get home 'til eight and it was the longest day ever because I hand't talked to him all day.  I usually don't hear from him when he's working, because you kind of don't want your anesthesia provider to be chatting with his wife while you're in surgery.  But usually he's not ever that late.  I was so worried and stressed by five-thirty when I hadn't heard a word, then he finally called to say he had another couple hours left.  Not sure I like the VA if this is how it's going to be...

  • If you're wondering if my baby is still super naughty and waking up a billion times at night, the answer is yes.

  • But she's still really cute.  She likes to drink water out of our cups and is going strong with her oatmeal cereal and some fruits and veggies for dinner.  I looked back at my calendar of McKay's first year and at seven months he was practically eating hamburgers.  Not really, but I started him at four months, so he was way beyond first stage foods at seven months.  Sometimes I think, "what was I thinking?" in regards to things I did with that boy.  I'm glad he turned out okay.

  • Layla is seven months old.  She's not even close to crawling a little bit yet.  Tummy time is non-existent, unless she tips over.  This is okay with me because I do not need a little crawler around here- eating legos and polly pocket shirts.  She sits up like a champ and that's what she does all day long.  Sits and plays.  I don't have all the equipment that I had with my other two and I guess having two older siblings makes up for the entertainment she's not getting from a saucer.

  • Little miss Elle is gearing up for her first ballet class.  She is about to die. 
Happy Sunday.

0 comments: