Monday, March 17, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

Gray. Love it. Between me and Jana I think we have about 52 gray shirts...I don't know. We have a lot. I kind of feel like I'm wearing gray everyday but I don't even care. I don't know when this obsession started- probably within the last year- but it's still going strong. Gray!



Anything quilted. Bags, shoes...well I guess that's it besides an actual quilt. I've been keeping my eye out for a cute quilted bag. Two requirements: has to be quilted and has to be cheap. I don't like spending money on bags because I get sick of them way before I'd get my money's worth. Katie has a great mustard quilted bag. Love it.



Ingrid Michaelson. I discovered her a couple months ago (am I behind?) and got completely hooked. Brian even likes her, which is a plus. You know how certain music can take you back to a period of time in your life? Whenever I listen to Colbie Calliat I go right back to being pregnant with Ellery- it's so weird. Actually the Care Bears movie music takes me to that time too. (yes my son watches Care Bears. I'm proud of it; Brian's disgusted). Anyway, I am sure that Ingrid Michaelson will someday take me back to this time in my life. I can already tell. You may have heard "The Way I Am" but if you haven't heard anything else- come on already!


(my faves: breakable, overboard, far away, a bird's song...)



And last but not least; birds. I'm loving those little chickadee birds. I have to brag- I was ahead of this one. Four years ago I picked out a blue ceramic bird that has been sitting on my family room shelf ever since. Brian wondered why I liked it so much and has always thought it was an odd purchase. But I love my bird. And now I can love birds on everything. Has anyone else noticed that birds are everywhere?




Future favorite that's catching up with the rest- leaves. Stay tuned.

4 comments:

Reynolds said...

Okay, so I TOTALLY agree with you on Ingrid Michaelson. I was listening to her the other day in the car and forgot that I was stopped and needed to go. I am also loving gray (black, too).
You're way ahead of the trends. You're my fashion example.

The Reichmans said...

I love grey too-I am glad that I am not the only one who feels like they wear it all the time. there are so many possibilities that you have with grey...

Flinders Family said...

Not so sure about the bird thing, but I think you're cute no matter what. It was really good to talk to you yesterday. After we hung up my phone timer said 33 minutes! Just like old times! Can't wait for our date next week and I hope you have a really good anniversary today. Splurge and eat lots of cheesecake for me!

Melissa Miller said...

Sarah, it's Melissa (Amanda's sister) I read your blog all the time!! ha ha I'm a stalker. I bought a grey shirt the other day and thought of you! And I love your bird. I have a few bird statue things and love them!!