Tuesday, March 4, 2008

What I've been up to...

I love having a girl! I love dressing a girl. I was not prepared, however, for all the accessories that come along with a baby girl. With a boy it's just t-shirts and pants, most of which all can interchange with each other. Very simple. With girls though, oh my goodness! It can be downright stressful. You have to have the shirt, match the pants, match the socks, match the headband, match the shoes...you get the point. Ellery has like six different shades of pink socks. And when I get her dressed in the morning I peer into her sock drawer and try to choose the right one for her outfit that day. Then I mix and match until I find the right headband and flower that coordinate just so. It's exhausting I tell ya...but I totally love it. In fact, I think I've gone a little headband-crazy. I can't even imagine what it's going to be like when she's a girl instead of a baby, and when she actually has to wear shoes- oh brother!

My sister-in-law Missy and I spent the good part of an afternoon last week slaving over these nylon headbands and flower clips. We even suffered a few injuries from the glue gun. Really they are very simple to make and no sewing required. I can handle a glue gun much better than a sewing machine!

The finished products. I don't know if she'll get a chance to wear all of these, I now have soo many.

My neighbor-friend Adrianne just gave me this darling idea. Ribbon belts! So easy and inexpensive, I'm hooked! I just cut ribbon to size and put Fray-check on the ends. Before this I hadn't even thought about belts, but now that I've seen them, I'm afraid this is yet another accessory I'm going to have to think about. (Love her bulging belly.)


If any of you moms-with-girls out there are interested, let me know and I'll tell you how to make them. Super easy and way cheaper to do yourself than buying.

8 comments:

shannyn said...

i hope that one day i will be able to have a girl but (i won't hold my breath) but if do i know if have friends who know how to make there kids cute super cute. ellery is looking so adorable and i do love her cute bulging belly.

Molly and Jason said...

So dang cute!!! I love all your little girl stuff. And she looks so happy and smiley. I can't believe how big she's getting already!!

Reynolds said...

Love it! You both are so cute!

Mark said...

Super creative! It was great to see you today. It's always great to be around you, Sarah.

Flinders Family said...

Ummm, yeah! You totally have to teach me. I wanted you to teach me before when you didn't know how, so let's add that to our date night this week, kay! And Ellery is SO adorable and getting SO big!

The Reichmans said...

Those are so cute-I hope someday that I get a little girl. I just want to dress her up-girls clothes are so much more fun than boys clothes. Ellery is darling and I love the clips you made!

the buff and stuff said...

i also want to know how to do the cute flowers, can you tell me about the nylon headband too? i want some to make some of those felt ones! ellery is so dang cute!

the buff and stuff said...

wait a minute! adrienne, who's adrienne? she is cool i'm sure, but not completly replacing that one girl who used to live in 1237 is she?