We had a great Easter weekend and holiday. On Friday we had a fun egg hunt in Grandma and Grandad's backyard. McKay was able to understand what he was doing this year, which was fun, but as soon as he discovered that there was candy in the eggs he had to be reminded to keep going. Then we had a nice ham dinner with most of the family (we missed you Lindy and Jaynie).
On Saturday we made a quick trip up to Paris, Idaho for a family reunion. The kids were so good on the three hour drive there, mostly thanks to the dvd player for McKay, and they slept almost the whole way back which was great. While in Idaho we had a yummy lunch, played basketball, had a raffle drawing and did the Virginia Reel (I really hope that's the name of it because I kind of can't remember). I had never done it before, but I understand it's a family favorite of Grandma and Grandpa. McKay thought he was in heaven all the adults and kids in the room dancing. McKay and I didn't know what we were doing but we had fun anyway. We only stayed about four hours because we had to get back to see Jaynann off to prom but before we headed out, Grandad took McKay to see his brother's sheep. I heard that McKay was pretty nervous and clung to Grandad the whole time, but he loved it. We were sad we didn't have more time to spend in Paris but were glad for the few hours we did have.
On Sunday we had a nice dinner at my parent's house with Jana and Mark and my mom and dad. I made the potatoes and rolls and deviled eggs. Now, I think I've mentioned that I am not really good at following recipes and I seem to mess them up somehow. Well, luckily the potatoes turned out fine, but tell me why I cannot seem to bake those Rhodes rolls and have them turn out. They were heavy and small and hard on the outside and I really think I followed the directions perfectly. So what happened? I think I should be able to make frozen rolls...but no, I can't. I might try one more time and if they don't turn out I might give up on Rhodes rolls forever. Also, I asked Brian to cut the deviled eggs in half while I was changing a diaper and he cut them top and bottom in half instead of lengthwise. Hmmmm...they looked pretty funny, especially with blue dye seeped into them. Needless to say I think we had plenty of eggs and rolls leftover. Sad. As I type this I'm asking myself, "Am I maybe a bad cook?" I don't think so but I seem to have a lot of trouble in the kitchen. Maybe I'm in denial...
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Weekend in Paris
Posted by
Sarah
at
Wednesday, March 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment