I just heard the news today that NKOTB are reuniting. What?! Look at Joey! I think I'm still in love with him!
Oh how I loved this original boy band! I remember when they came here in concert Jana got to go and all I got was a lousy book of paper dolls as consolation. I was so depressed. I might not be over it. I was never a New Kid hater. A lot of people secretly loved them, but pretended not to because it wasn't cool. Well, not me...and not Jana either. We were true fans. We probably still liked them long after everyone really stopped liking them.
I had a full on, head to toe, NKOTB outfit. It was fabulous. Complete with stretchy pants, a big t-shirt with the group on it (w/ one of those plastic clips that held the shirt in a knot on the side) and a matching hat. I was cute, believe me. I remember listening to Please Don't Go Girl over and over and over...on a tape. Joey's voice could just melt me. I absolutely wanted to marry him.
My friends each had a New Kid boyfriend too, and what do you know, I still remember them!
Kristen= Donny and Jon- she went back and forth
Amanda= Danny- she fell in love with him after seeing him sport an American Flag leather jacket at the concert (Yes, my friends got to go...they told me every detail!)
Sarah= Jordan - I was never a fan of his high voice and his hair tail
We had books about them, made up dances to their songs, and Kristen had an excellent poster of Donny hanging in her room. I think just maybe I still have the Joey barbie doll. I begged and begged my mom to get it for me one Saturday between conference sessions. I remember walking into KB Toys like I was at Disneyland. I also remember saving everything that came with Joey and keeping him in good condition because I was sure he was going to be worth a lot of money one day. I'm sure I still have him somewhere. I wonder how much I could get...

8 comments:
I got to go to that concert with Amanda!! I didn't like them very much, but during the concert I fell in love with them. I had a day dream that one of them (I can't remember which one I loved) would see me in the crowd, and come and sing to me! Oh the glory days of NKOTB!! After the concert I always listened to their tape. My cousin said to me "you know they aren't very cool anymore don't you?" What?...
I loved them too! I went to their concert when I was in elementary school...all the other kids were jealous. My NKOTB boyfriends were Joey and Jon.
When I was home for Christmas this year I was cleaning out old boxes and found a bunch of new kids stuff: http://thehardestthingandtherightthing.blogspot.com/2008/01/hidden-treasures.html
So funny! I wore out my tapes so bad that probably less than 10 years ago I had to rebuy all of their albums on cd, so I have them and I might let you borrow them if you want! Can't wait though! Oh yeah, and I'm pretty sure I had the same outfit as you! Not as cool as my friend who had the whole bedding set!
I remember when they performed at the Super Bowl and all of us little elementary school girlies sat back by the backpacks with our NKOTB stuff and dreamed of the day we would marry one of them. I was a little jealous 'cause my BFF caryn claimed that she could have her pick of any of them because she was so mature or something. Ha Ha!
I remember my sister Rebecca got to go to the concert and she was so excited. I am pretty sure that up until recently we had a tape of the NKOTB on the mickey mouse club singing "hanging tough" and teaching the audience a really cool dance. Those were the times...
Um....excuse me Sarah...my poster was of Jonathan, NOT Donny! And remember who actually downloaded some songs from itunes a few months ago. I think my favorite would have to be Popsicle. I can still hear you singing at the top of your lungs in the Mustang "You're my pop-sic-le! From the very first time I met you girl, you cap-tured me!" "Pop...Pop...pop...pop...pop...pop-sic-le...sicle..sicle..sicle!"
p.s. I think it's funny how we all had to love a different New Kid. We couldn't both like the same one, oh no!
Deb likes Donny but only when he was creepy in the 6th Sense. Good to see you at the wedding.
Post a Comment