My sister is married!!! We had a great weekend full of wedding fun. These pictures are of the wedding dinner. I know that other people probably took way more interesting pictures of these events, but I was trying to enjoy the weekend and left the photography to the professional. I think Jana's going to start her own blog so she'll probably put the really good ones on there. So here is what I have.
Wedding Dinner Highlights:
- Yummy dinner at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. Jana so thoughtfully ordered me a vegetarian plate. The waitress brought out the biggest hunk of marinara-covered lasagna I had ever seen. They must think that vegetarians are more hungry than everyone else- this thing was massive. Everyone else was eyeing it like, "what does she have..."It was yummy though- eggplant lasagna, mmmm. I had enough leftover to send it around the table.
- My sisters and I wrote a poem for Mark and Jana. It was a tribute to them and told the story of...well...their story. The very best part about it was that all week we had told Jana that we were going to sing a song. The day of we decided to really trick her and my mom and go as far as we could with this song thing. By the way, we're all horrible singers and have never and will never sing publicly. But we totally had Jana and my mom going. They were so nervous that we were going to sing. We even went so far as to have my niece Kara play a prelude and we stood up there with some random piano book in front of the microphone. My mom said she was so nervous that she was going to laugh at us. Then we started our poem and they could relax. It was kinda funny though. We're such jokers.
- Mark's family planned an "open mike time" for all the dinner guests to pay tribute to Mark and Jana. Tender.
- Previously that week I had found the perfect dress for the wedding dinner, and also a coordinating tie for Brian. Oh we would have looked so sweet. Jana, in her pre-wedding stress, had nothing to wear and not a lot of time to look for something. I ever so sweetly gave her my dress and even Brian's tie to wear for Mark. It was actually really painful for me. She looked great in it and when I saw her try it on (just for fun at this point) I knew that she had to wear it. It just looked like a "bride at her wedding dinner" dress. I kind of hated that I gave it up, but wanted to anyway, and I didn't really feel better until I found a very cute skirt to wear instead with a black sweater thing. Relief! Both Jana and I were dressed.
- Jana and I had wished for good hair days for that night. With us, you never know how your hair is going to go on the days you wash it. Happy to report mine was really good. I didn't get a chance to ask Jana how she felt about hers, but it looked good from what I saw. I'm reporting on the very important stuff here, obviously.
- Night out without the kids. Thanks again Adele and McKay for all your help.
2 comments:
congrats to jana! She looked so pretty! YOu are a very nice sister to let her have that cute dress. I am glad that everything went so well!
Glad the poem/song turned out well. Maybe you could turn that into a business, for things like bar mitzvah's/funerals/prom dates... JK I am sure it was great- you've got more creativity in your little toe than most do in their whole body.
Post a Comment