Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wedding Part 2- Actual Wedding!


Wedding Highlights:

  • Jana was absolutely glowing. She looked gorgeous and I really could see a glow on her in the temple. It was also so fun having our whole family in the sealing room.

  • Nonnie (my grandma) was baptised four years ago and this was the first wedding she's been able to be at.

  • Elder Kerr, best friend Kristen's dad, and also our old neighbor, was able to preform the sealing. It was really neat to have him do it. He gave the advice to do or say something to nourish your love at least once a day. Good reminder.

  • I had never been to the Salt Lake Temple before (except to do baptisms when I was younger). Beautiful!

  • McKay was completely occupied by a squirt bottle. He gave the flowers a good watering while waiting for the newlyweds to come out.

  • Jana had about eight friends fly in from out of state to be at her wedding. She has great friends and it's really neat that they're still close. It was also fun for me to visit with the ones I know and love. Kim, Deborah and Chris, Breck, Monica- love them!
  • Cousins! McKay loves his cousins. We took a picture of him with Lisa's kids and he blends right in. We were joking that they were the Von Trapp family because they all had coordinating blue and white outfits so we lined them up Von Trapp style and McKay looked like he was meant to be there.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What Nonnie was baptized! How did I miss that! That is so neat! It was so fun to read about all of the wedding festivities!