Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Wedding Part 3...Reception

Reception Highlights:

  • Kristen and Mark did all the flowers. They were gorgeous...so beautiful- I wish I had a picture. It was so fun seeing Kristen and Mark during all the wedding festivities. We decided Mark definitely has "the floral eye". Don't you think they should name their business that?
  • Ellery was just a mess. A cute one; but still a mess. She had some weird reaction to the darling dress she wore. Rashes galore, I tell ya! Plus, by the time the reception rolled around, she was pretty much ready for bed, she had drool like you wouldn't believe, and a lovely, continuous stream of snot decorating her upper lip the whole night. Mess. Great pictures as you can imagine. I felt bad for her. It was a lifesaver when Grandma and Grandad came and took the kiddies home.
  • Someone decided it would be great to throw confetti on Jana and Mark as they were leaving. Krista got a bagful right in her face, which was really funny, but sad in that she had wanted to wear her cute braided/curly hair to church the next day and there was just no way that was going to happen with the minute particles of confetti all over her scalp.
  • I wasn't too hungry and waited until almost the end of the reception to eat. Bad idea. They were out of desserts. I was so very disappointed. These are all turning into negative things...
  • Something good. McKay looked adorable in his suit. I think I took a thousand pictures of him. He refers to himself as a "church guy" when he's wearing it. "Mom, I'm a church guy?"It was so cute when he discovered the three giant jars of fortune cookies. He hit the cookie jackpot and you could see it on his face. Bad idea to give a two and a half year old a white chocolate covered fortune cookie while wearing a black suit. He loved it though.
  • So fun to see Katie and Jason and their kids, as well as Kristen and Mark. So glad they came. So fun to chat.
  • Most importantly, Jana was still gorgeously glowing. They are one happy couple. Love it. I'm still trying to get used to the fact that Jana is a Mrs. She's married...it might take a bit for that to sink in. But so glad that she found Mark.

1 comments:

Flinders Family said...

I had to come on tonight and see your wedding posts and they are so fun! You look beautiful and McKay is so adorable in his suit. Looks like such a great day!

Thanks again for helping me today! That was fun!

Have fun in Boston and we'll have to get together when you get back. Best of luck to Brian!