Wednesday, November 5, 2008

my boy



  1. His breath. He still has yummy breath. It almost never smells bad, although a few times it's smelled like a horse. But who knows what he eats when he's pretending to be a horse. For the most part, this boys breath is perfect.

  2. How he raises both his eyebrows over and over with wide eyes and a big grin at random.

  3. How his little bum looks in a pair of jeans.

  4. How he often says, "I'll share with you mom."

  5. The sweetness he shows to his sister.

  6. The look on his face when we're reading a book or telling a story.

  7. When he gets a song stuck in his head.

  8. When he talks to his stuffed animals after we tuck him into bed.

  9. The dance he does when he puts on his Diego underwear and we sing, "Go Diego. Go!"

  10. How he always chooses his cowboy boots when I ask him to get his shoes on.

  11. That lately he says, "Look in my eyes," when he wants our attention.

  12. That he thinks he's friends with every little kid he sees, especially the way older neighborhood boys. Not crazy about the boys, but still think it's cute when he walks up to them and starts chatting, and they look at this little three year old who is talking to them like he's their best friend. Makes me smile.

  13. How when he says potty talk and we look at him with "that look" he says, "I didn't say poopoo." In this cute, obviously guilty voice. Or when he gets dangerously close to a word and says it over and over, "Poopaw. Poopaw."

  14. His imagination. He would be a duck all day if I played along with it. Although this makes me very tired sometimes, I love his big imagination and I would never change it.

  15. Holding his hand.

  16. That I can look my very worst and he doesn't even notice- he loves me just the same.

  17. The funny stances and motions he does when he's playing football with Brian.

  18. The look on his face when he sees Ellery for the first time in the morning.

  19. That he is a sweet boy. Sometimes I wonder if he's too sweet and not "tough" enough, but then I think, "Sarah, are you crazy?" Keep him sweet for as long as you can. I'd rather have a sweet boy than a tough boy any day.

  20. Hearing him pray. Sometimes rushed, usually entertaining, but always so precious.

0 comments: