
We decorated sugar cookies with the cousins. The kids had fun decorating their cookies with m&m's, candy corns, sprinkles, sugar, and more. We left them to it and after a few minutes we looked over and all we could see was a huge pile of m&m's and sprinkles on McKay's plate. He really got into the decorating part. . .I had to intervene and unload the poor pumpkin. All those embellishments ended up on my kitchen floor when he tried to eat the cookies. Big mess.
I made the sugar cookie dough and when I showed up at Krista's with my homemade goodness I was horrified to find that she had purchased a tub of icing. "Oh no, we don't do that," I said, as I quickly pulled a bag of powdered sugar out of my purse and began making homemade icing before she could even open the package. Krista wondered how it was worth it when she saw the mess that I made with the icing. Have I mentioned that I'm a messy cook? Either way, don't you think that a little mess is worth homemade icing? Especially if you have homemade dough? I know, me too.
Carving Punkins:

Ellery wanted to eat the pumpkin guts, McKay wanted nothing to do with them, and Brian was worried that I was going to lose a finger due to my carving technique. We finished the night with pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, homemade, of course.
Spooky Spooky Boat Ride:
Ken and Missy invited us to join them on the Halloween Cruise on the Provo river. Wasn't the most entertaining for us adults, but watching McKay's expression the whole time was worth every penny. He was pretty much frozen like that the whole time. That picture was taken just as a pirate was trying to board our ship. Needless to say, we were telling him the story of the "spooky, spooky boat ride" for the next three days straight.The Big Day:

Dinner at Grandma's, playing in the beautiful autumn leaves and trick-or-treating with cousins. It couldn't have been better. And the best thing? We were home with kids in bed by 8:30pm. Brian and I watched the Da Vinci Code on tv and munched on the goods all night. . .and we actually haven't stopped munching. This is going to be a problem. . .
I also just have to mention that this is one of the best times of year to have a grandma that can sew anything. She made McKay's dream horse costume, and she copied Ellery's costume from a picture I found online. Amazing. Thank you Adele! McKay doesn't really know what a Hershey's kiss is, but when asked what Ellery was for Halloween he would say, "a big candy." Oh, precious.
5 comments:
I looks like you guys had a great time. The kids are super cute!
You make me tired! YOu are the "going-est" crew around.
What a cute post. Sara we need to get togther, I need to learn how to do the picture collage
I love the Hershey kiss costume! So great! And, totally weird, but the "Krista" in your picture looks EXACTLY like the mom of one of my Kindergarten students a couple of years ago. Does she by chance have a 2nd grader this year named Andrew??!!
~Chandi
PS - How are apps. coming?
I had so much to catch up on-I love their costumes-they are darling! YOu guys had some fun halloween times. Can I hang out with McKay sometime-he is hilarious! I loved the polka dot idea for a party and ellery is so dang cute. Also I totally have boyfriends-they are really random but I am kind of obsessed with Paul Newman-he was totally hot when he was young and also David Beckham. We need to get together again soon since Ryan and McKay has such a great time.
Post a Comment