Sunday, October 4, 2009

thoughts on a sunday


  • It's usually a struggle to get McKay to cooperate while getting his hair done for the day. I rarely make him do it unless we're going somewhere, at which point he begins to beg to wear a hat. The problem is, he wears that hat into the car, then off it comes for the rest of the day. So I hardly ever let him talk me into that. We cracked up when one day I told him to go ahead and get his hat and he came down the stairs with that little cap on. He couldn't find his Boston hat so thought that was a good substitute.
  • McKay counted tonight and he now has ten friends in Oregon. One of them is a 10 month old baby and a few of them are six year old girls, but at this point I guess he's not being too picky.
  • We loved watching General Conference this weekend. So many wonderful things to hear and learn. And surprisingly, our kids were fairly good and we were able to hear most of it- a tent in the family room with popcorn and a movie on the portable helped with that. McKay "hates stake conference" though and is really glad that it's over.
  • I love hearing my little Elle sing. She sings to herself a lot, which is adorable. My favorite thing she sings is Old McDonald. He always has a cow, and she always calls him uncle Donald. "Uncle Donald had a cow. . . " Precious.

  • This week I was singing I am Like a Star with Ellery. Brian was cringing as I was singing it because he said I was not singing the right notes. He then spent the next thirty minutes trying to teach me how to sing it right. Now I can sing it both ways.

  • Ellery's new thing is saying, "I nervous" when she's scared of something. She's actually scared of almost everything so she says it a lot. At first it was really cute. Now I'm wondering how my girl got to be so nervous.

  • How come we have been sick for two months? It seems like we just keep catching these little bugs all the time. Brian now has some kind of a cold and I just started feeling a twinge of it tonight. And that's on top of the wheezing/cough that I've had since mid-August. And, Ellery threw up again. I'm starting to think it hasn't been the stomach flu all these times. What is going on with that little girl? Gotta find a doctor around here.
  • Every Sunday we've been video chatting with Brian's family. I miss them. Seeing them makes me miss them. Our kids go into crazy-loud-baby talk-nonsense mode when we do it and I'm glad they still think they're cute despite that.
  • The leaves are changing here and it is absolutely beautiful. Everyone says that this is one of the prettiest times of year here and so far I agree. There are so many trees everywhere and the colors are just beautiful. We've been singing It's Autumn Time every time we see leaves falling from the trees. The kids love it. McKay has also taken a special interest in the falling leaves and every time he sees a "cool one" he picks it up and takes it with him. There are cool leaves floating all around my car.


Happy Sunday!

5 comments:

Lindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Reynolds said...

The tent idea is a great one! I didn't hear as much as I would've liked to, but I guess I needed more preparation for Isaac to be entertained.

Lindy said...

I'm the author that removed a comment. I just wasn't satisfied with what I said the first time. I have a few things to say. McKay looks really cute dressed as a small Jewish boy. I like the video chat tradition we have going. I love and miss you guys. I can't wait to see you again, and I'm so glad that you'll be here for the most important day of the year: my birthday.

Molly and Jason said...

I've been waiting for some more thoughts on a sunday- so I'm glad to see one. They always make me laugh. I also like the jewish look he has going on. You have the CUTEST kids!

liz hawkins said...

I love the comment about your singing. I still laugh when I think about you singing in high school. It never mattered if you knew the words or the tune...you'd just make it up as you went along. Sometimes when we're in the car I'll tell Joel it's time to sing in our "prettiest" voices. It cracks me up every time and always reminds me of my favorite Sarah.