Sunday, October 18, 2009

two

day one, year one, year two

I can't believe my girl is two years old today. I was looking back through all our pictures of when she was born, trying to find one to put on here. As I looked at them I thought two things.

One, it's funny how when your kids have grown up a bit and you look back at them as newborns you can see the child that you know and love now in that little baby. The baby that you certainly loved, but didn't know quite as well. I was in love with my Elle the moment I saw her, but I couldn't have imagined then what a sweet, funny, beautiful girl I had there in my arms. She continues to become more sweet and beautiful the older she gets.

And two- I don't have very many great shots of Ellery as a teeny baby. She's either become more photogenic with age, or my photos have improved. I'm betting it's the former. I was tempted to put on the picture of her where her red birthmark looks like a former German dictator's mustache, but maybe another time.

Our little family definitely wouldn't be complete without her. And, I feel so sad for taking her away from the big family. Because she really is extra adorable right now- the way she talks, the things she says, the way she jumps and how she runs around- and they're missing it all.

Happy Birthday to my Ellie girl!

8 comments:

Mark and Jana said...

Happy Birthday Elle!!! She was cute as a baby, but now she is adorable. I miss her and all her cuteness. Can't wait to see all of you soon.

Reynolds said...

Happy Birthday cute girl!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ellery!

Monica said...

Happy Birthday Ellery! Aida wishes her hair was as cute as yours! :)

Kristen said...

She IS super cute!

Adele said...

I feel sad her big family is missing all her cuteness too! Happy birthday little Elle! from Grandma Adele

Cason and Marie said...

She is one cute girl!!

Teri said...

She really is so cute Sarah!