We had a fabulous visit with Brian's parents and Marilyn a couple weeks ago. I asked McKay what to say about their trip and he said, "I only care about the pictures". So I'm taking a cue from my boy, and just focusing on the pictures, with just a few words.
I first must acknowledge that true to Ellery form, she threw up the morning they were to arrive. I am beginning to just not get surprised anymore. This child was sent to me to break me of my vomiting phobias. She didn't eat much the first half of the day, but otherwise completely normal. We are starting to wonder if her gaging reflex is related to nerves, excitement or nervous excitement.
Okay, now that that's out of the way, I give you the top ten from the trip:
{Ten}: OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science & Industry, if you want to know :)
laser show ~ egypt exhibit ~ play, play, play! ~ a
fter, dinner at the original Old Spaghetti Factory on the waterfront
{Nine}: Grandma brought the Wii
a really happy five year old ~ mario kart races ~ dancing the night away ~ ra-ra-rasputin!
{Eight}: Stroll on a Sunday
beautiful scenery ~ squishy trees ~ benches dedicated to dead dogs
also, s'mores brownies for dessert!
{Seven}: Tillamook
no grilled cheese due to a cafe fire ~ ice cream for lunch! ~ fancy cheese for a delicious souvenir
{Six}: To the Coast
fog ~ tag on the beach ~ saw a chilly bride ~ grandma freezing ~ beautiful drive along the coast
{Five}: Eagle Eye
we saw this eagle ~ it was cool ~ even though it was kinda far away
{Four}: Quality Time
snuggles ~ books ~ games ~ playing ~ loving
(really wish elle wasn't holding a big hot dog bun in this picture)
{Three}: Some Sports
soccer ~ swinging ~ flag football ~ coach grandad ~ a happy boy ~ and my girly girl keeping up
{Two}: Chuck E. Cheese
lucky kids ~ pizza ~ tokens ~ tickets ~ prizes ~ just fun
{One}: Time to Talk
this is marilyn ~ she's a good aunt ~ she is cute ~ we like her ~ she was brave at church
I wish I had a picture that captured just hanging out and talking. That's one thing I miss the most about living by our family. Just spending time together doing nothing, really. That was our favorite part. We talked about how video chatting is great, but nothing compares to being together in real life. So true. We all really liked being together in real life for a few days. It really was a great few days.
It's always hard when family leaves and after this visit we all felt it. It took us a few days to feel better.
We sure loved having them.
3 comments:
is blogging sarah back? it looks like it. love all the posts!! btw- is mckay getting so tall or what.
Looks like fun!
ooh how i love you! i feel so honored that there's a picture just for me...even if it's that picture.(: i'm flattered. thank you. i love and miss you all!
Post a Comment