- We got to join Brian in Newport this week. A very sweet couple, who Brian had met only twice, offered to let us use their house in Newport while they were on vacation. So nice. So, so, so nice.
- It's hard to stay in someone else's house with children. They wanted to get into everything and it was hard for them to understand why they couldn't touch everything they saw. We had to have a serious discussion on not putting real dog toys in their mouths while they were pretending to be my dogs.
- I am already longing for summer- or even spring- where I can wear flowy skirts instead of stiff jeans. Really sick of jeans right now.
- Yesterday I was playing on the floor with the kids when all the sudden I sat up and told Brian that if I didn't get a new office chair I just might die. It really was that sudden. It just hit me. So he hopped on craigslist and within a couple hours I was driving home with a new little chair, which I am sitting on right now. Our old one was wooden, and broken, and severely uncomfortable (although it's much cuter than this new one). But I don't even care that there's now a big black office chair in my bedroom because I'm so very comfortable in it.
- Today was Stake Conference. Why did we even go? I heard nothing. Well, I guess I heard a few things, but really it was mostly nothing. Our kids were totally confused- going to a different building, with no primary. And keeping them busy for two full hours takes just enough attention away from what's going on up front that we hear mostly nothing.
- We made sugar cookies today. I had planned on making them for Halloween. And then when that didn't happen, I thought Chrsitmas! Turns out Valentine's Day is the magic holiday for sugar cookies. I don't make them too often, even when I plan to, and today I remembered how much work they are. It was a long process, and of course the kids lose interest pretty fast. We delivered five plates to friends and neighbors and still have about three leftover. I'm in trouble.
- Layla is teething. It seems like she's been teething for a month now. Drool. So much drool. And she bites onto anything that gets near her mouth- especially fingers.
- While in Newport, Layla went to sleep SO great. I'd lie her down and she'd just snuggle up to her blanket and close her eyes. I thought she was such a good little baby. And that's why when we came home and she cried when I put her in her in her bed I was surprised. She had been so perfect! I then noticed her little eyes buggin' out as she looked at her mobile hanging above her head. Didn't have that in Newport. Poor little thing didn't know if she was supposed to be playing or sleeping. We took it out and there hasn't been any crying since. . .
- Unless. . .unless you count the crying she does at night. I am so bipolar with my feelings with this little baby of mine. Sometimes I think she is the most perfect, adorable thing that can do no wrong, and then night time comes. And that's when I tell her that she's a naughty little baby for wanting to eat every two hours during the night. She doesn't even eat every two hours during the day! I would try to let her cry it out, and I am planning on it, one day, but when she cries she wakes everyone up and I just can't have that. I'm hoping that in a couple weeks when she starts eating some solids it might magically change her nighttime habits. I so hope it's that easy. My perfect, little, naughty baby.
- When I was little my mom would always have a fun little something for us to wake up to on Valentine's day. I loved it so much when I was little that I've continued it on with my kids. This year, I wasn't a very sneaky Valentine. Basically, everyone's already seen everything I have for them. I'm still excited for them to wake up and see the table decorated with their little treats all set up.
Happy Sunday!

1 comments:
sugar cookies = love
So glad for some family time for you in Newport.
Post a Comment