I'm sure most of the country would look at the Pacific Northwest forecast and just about die to be here right now. High seventies, partyly couldy skies today. Sounds pretty good. But guess what? It's not.
I've been waiting and waiting for summer to come. It's July 26th and I still feel like it's not summer. Where's the heat? When can I pull out our blow-up pool and let the kids run around in the sprinkler? I'm beginning to think that it's never. We've been teased here and there with a warm day, even a few hot ones. But a few hot days is not enough. I need summer.
I've lived here in Portland for two years now, and there have been times in the winter, and even the first spring that we were here where I got down with the weather. It can really get to you. But never have I ever been as effected by the weather as I am right now. It's is killing me. I can almost tell before I even get out of bed what kind of day it is outside just by how I feel.
I miss Utah today.
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
not very sunny around here
Posted by
Sarah
at
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Utah misses you too. Come home.
I'm willing to compromise with Mother Nature. I don't need super heat, I just need super sun. These 3 months are what get us through the other 9!
I understand how you feel. I head to Southern Nevada or St. George every February so I can last the rest of the winter. Some people just need sun.
There is plenty of sun here in Utah right now. Come and get it!
Post a Comment