Wednesday, July 27, 2011

wanted: new five year old neighbor

McKay's best little neighbor friend Isabella moved to Utah last week.  They are from Brazil and aren't members of the church, and I so hope they have a good experience living in Orem.  

They were such cute little friends, and let me tell you, this one has some sass.  She is the most polite, sweet, obedient little girl, but boy does she not let anyone boss her around, and she sure knows what she wants.  Brian and I loved her and even when she was being a stinker, we could only laugh because she was such a cute one.

These two were pretty sad on moving day.  We took Isabella to the water park with us so her family could pack and on the way home McKay was starting to feel it and by the time we got home, little tears were being held in.  Then the next time we saw her to say goodbye she was sobbing and saying how much she was going to miss McKay.  It was pretty adorable and sad to see how they both handled it.

Now, I'm the one who's feeling it.  Because McKay is asking me everyday if he can invite a friend over.  It was so convenient when the friend lived right next door.  That is one thing I miss most about living in Utah- having neighbors!  Being a stay-at-home mom is so rare around here and on my street I am pretty much the only one.  I miss chatting with whoever is outside at any given time on any given day.  I miss having nice kids that my kids can play with who we don't have to drive to go see.  I miss having neighbors home during the day doing exactly what I'm doing.

Oh well.  Now I'm just praying that we get a nice five year old to move in next door.  One can hope!

0 comments: