Saturday, July 30, 2011

thoughts from utah



I don't want to forget the lovely time we had in Utah.  I was overwhelmed explaining all the pictures, and I really didn't take all that many pictures.  But I wanted to make sure and record some of my favorite memories from our month-long stay in Utah this summer.
  • Running with my dad every morning.  I was spoiled.  I had a human alarm clock and a built-in babysitter.  My parents are the best.  My dad was so motivating and did you forget that he's 70, because as I ran along side him each morning I did.  How often do you get to spend one-on-one time with a parent (without kids)?  Not very often.  I cherish those mornings.  And bless my mom for taking care of my children while we ran.  It's pretty much thanks to her that Layla got on such a good routine while we were there.  She takes such good care of my babies and I'm so grateful.
  • That was long, they won't all be that long. :)
  • McKay playing Nintendo every morning- and riding his bike along the track every day. . .multiple times a day.
  • Trying to catch a frog with the nephews and niece.  It was too windy.
  • Making banana boats in the campfire.
  • A girls night- up to Tai Pan and Gardner Village!
  • Lisa's emergency appendectomy.
  • A sleepover at Jana's- Mark gave up his bed and slept on the couch for our sleepover.  I love him.
  • He made me breakfast in the morning. . .which was a little rushed. . .and called to talk to us about how it really was on his way to work.  I really love him!
  • Shopping for baby girl's nursery. . .a lot!
  • Getting my hair done with Jana and going to Kneader's for lunch after.  Both were heavenly.  Thanks to my Nonnie. :)
  • The first grandchild (on my side) to graduate high school- way to go Rylee!
  • The kids reading "just one more book" with Nonnie nearly every night.
  • Finding a dead mole in the backyard- the kids were completely transfixed by this mole.
  • Golf ball hunting with quite a bit of success- nearly every day!
  • Oh, there's so much more. . .but that's all for now!

0 comments: