Sunday, July 17, 2011

thoughts on a sunday

I love this picture because it just shows a typical day with these three.  They made a house in the kitchen and it just kept getting bigger and more elaborate.  They had decorations and salmon to eat for dinner.  Layla ended up being invited in, until she started knocking down walls.  They were good parents to her for awhile though.  

  • Hmmm, um, what's happened this week?  I had a really good day of organizing.  It was actually a day where I was really depressed because of the weather (remember my SAD?) and somehow I managed to turn my depression into an organizing frenzy.  Still more to do, but it's a start.
  • This week I asked Brian to put Air Supply and Barry Manilow on our iTunes.  That's really true.  I found the old cd's under the couch as I was organizing and I couldn't believe they were missing from our music library.  I'm listening to Air Supply right now.  Jealous?
  • We went to the zoo on Brian's day off.  Did I mention that he gets Fridays off?  He does and I love it.  It's so nice to have a long weekend all together.  So we went to the zoo on Friday.  We only got through half of it, but we had some good visits with the eagles and the sea otters- our favorites.  Ellery pretended to be an eagle for about an hour after, and watching her flap her arms and run/fly around was really cute.  
Just some eagles in their nest.
  • While at the zoo, I nursed Layla on a bench.  We've been teaching her how to say "uh oh".  It's really cute when she says it, but I didn't really think she knew what it meant.  That is until I was feeding her and she looked up at me, smiled and said, "Uh oh." and proceeded to bite me, well, you know where! I almost died.
  • Layla's little tooth keeps coming further and further down.  Today at church we noticed she had a little bloody slit where the other one is starting to come down.  It looked so sore and I feel so bad for her, but aside from some  more frequent diaper changes, she's doing just fine with it.  
the best picture I could get of the big ol' tooth.
  • Last night she woke up right before we were going to bed and I sent Brian in to snuggle her back to sleep so she wouldn't want to nurse.  I was downstairs and heard her screaming just get louder and louder.  Finally, I went up and Brian was sitting in the chair and Layla was frantically crawling towards the door- screaming.  She had escaped and was going to look for me.  It was quite funny.  I was determined not to nurse her, so I snuggled her in the rocker instead.  She was so sweet and we just rocked for awhile and then she sat up, looked at me and started clapping her hands and doing other hand motions.  I could tell she was asking me to sing to her (we sing lots of hand songs every morning) and that was her way of communicating that to me.  As soon as I started singing she laid back down on my chest.  It was really precious.
  • How about an update on Brian?  He is liking his rotation as Sunnyside.  He's in the process of looking for jobs and is pretty sure he could get one there.  We're also looking into options in Utah and struggling to know what we even want.  Sometimes I think we know what we want, sometimes we don't.  Lots of  prayers being said over here, and I hope that it will all work out.  Big decisions are hard.
  • Brian played rugby on Saturday and took McKay along with him.  They both came back dirty and muddy and happy.
  • On Saturday McKay was invited to see the Winnie the Pooh movie with a friend.  He was thrilled to go and said he had a great time.  Afterwards, they got something to eat and his friend's mom texted me and said, "We're eating at Bridge Port Cafe.  He says that he and you LOVE cafes."  I love that boy.  It's true too.  
  • While he was out, the four of us went on a little date to Red Robin, Target and Goodwill.  We were dropping some things off to Goodwill and went inside in search of a Scrabble game.  They didn't have Scrabble, but we did come out with a few treasures- shin guards and fancy camping pants for McKay- and it made me think I should go there more often.  But also, it's kind of gross in there and it's hard to sift through all the junk.  Goodwill's are not as nice as DI, just in case you were wondering.  
  • Just want to give some love to my sweet sister Jana who is expecting her baby girl any day now.  She's ready for that girl to make an entrance and baby keeps tricking her.  
Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

Reynolds said...

Teething is going on here, too. And about the same. Glad you were able to enjoy the zoo, too.

Sarah and Desmond said...

I hear ya on the big decisions. . .
it's rought being a grown up.
Hope BIG and exciting things keep coming your way. :)