Thursday, August 12, 2010

i spy with my little eye. . .


nine kids and a little momma at the fish hatchery. . .
with wonder in their eyes. . .
from seeing Herman, the 10 ft sturgeon. . .
and stinky hands. . .
from feeding all the fish.
  


I spy with my little eye. . .



a picnic blanket full of cousins. . .
and an outfit change from one fashion-conscious two year old. . .
with plates full of honey-lime enchiladas. . .
that were a hit with some. . .
and un-touched by others.



I spy with my little eye. . .



cousins playing together. . .
and a 16 year old and a 10 year old competing with the preschoolers. . .
after a late afternoon of church.  



I spy with my little eye. . .



a proud little boy. . .
showing his cousins the "gutter". . .
at the Portland temple.




I spy with my little eye. . .



cherry chip ice cream and brownies in the park on a Sunday evening. . .
and some very chilly people. . .
who aren't used to the humidity's cold effects. . .
even in the summertime.



I spy with my little eye. . .



nine excellent berry pickers. . .
and one with professional grocer/berry picking aspirations. . .
and some white shoes that will never be the same. . .
and a berry about to be snatched!



I spy with my little eye. . .



nine cousins at the Oregon Zoo. . .
and two balloons that had to be popped. . .
and one flip-flop, before it fell into the giraffe's home. . .
which meant one really dirty left foot for one unhappy little boy.



I spy with my little eye. . .



a fun late-night for some, sleep over for others. . .
and a bored 16 year old who doesn't love babysitting. . .
and a small pile of blueberries on the floor, 
followed by a, "lets not tell our moms" comment. . .
from my two year old.



I spy with my little eye. . .



a boy sleeping sideways. . .
and ashie's little bum. . .
and a limb from a night-gown wearing princess.



I spy with my little eye. . .



too big of a group at Powell's book store. . .
and pinduli the hyena-boy.



I spy with my little eye. . .



too big of a group on the train downtown. . .
and a unicorn. . .
and curly joe. . .
with an armful of trendy teenage bracelets. . .
and a tassel or two.



I spy with my little eye. . .



five cousins with one mother. . .
while the rest went for donuts. . .
and a boy who got soaked. . .
and a girl who wanted to get naked. . .
and a boy with stinky socks. . .
and three kids who had to go to the bathroom. . .
all at different times.



I spy with my little eye. . .




cute kids in the beautiful rose garden. . .
which is the only place. . .
in the portland area. . .
that sells shaved ice!
(you know my sweet husband surprised me with one.)



I spy with my little eye. . .



a lady with a long, swishy, pioneer-like skirt. . .
who walked around downtown Portland. . .
as if she had eight children. . .
plus one on the way. . .
who may or may not have felt. . .
that everyone was staring at her. . .
and her litter.


*****


What the eye can't see. . .
is how much we loved having these cousins visit. . .
plus their parents-
they were okay too.



And. . .


let us not forget
the major swelling left behind
for the poor, pregnant, pioneer lady
and her feet, face and hands.


We miss them already. . .
swelling or not.

Thanks for a wonderful four days, Allreds!

1 comments:

Mark and Jana said...

I loved all of the pictures. I spotted curly joe but not the unicorn. And who was the professional berry picker? So fun that they were all able to come and visit.

And you look so cute with your liter.