*Never got a chance to finish this post, or put it on the blog, so here it is.
- Brian got new running shoes in the mail this week. He opened them when he got home from school and literally spent the first hour looking at them, lacing them. trying them on. At one point I looked over at him and he was just holding one in his arms like a baby, staring at it. Lost in love, I guess.
- McKay learned how to pump on the swings. Oh finally!
- I got my hair done this week. A friend in the ward watched my kids for three hours! I felt so guilty and really missed having Grandma live right by my stylist in Utah.
- I missed Grandmas, yes, but I also missed my old stylist. I sat there nervously in the chair wondering how and if my hair would turn out how I wanted. I know there are bigger problems out there, but finding a new hair stylist is a very unnerving, annoying problem. Glad to report that my hair turned out just how I wanted it. Whew!
- Oh you just know that I have pink eye in both eyes. Yep. I am large, in charge and blood-shot. It's a beautiful combination.
- I miss the mother that I used to be. Does that make sense? I am struggling over feeling guilty about not playing with my kids and not having a lot of patience the last little while. My poor kids. Do they remember how I used to be? Do they notice a difference? I hope it doesn't take too long to find myself again after this girl comes out.
- I keep forgetting to tell you, but the most wonderful thing happened to me! A few weeks ago our landlord emailed us and said she wanted to get the condo "deep cleaned" and asked if it would be alright with us for her to send her cleaning lady here. Um, hello! YES! So on Tuesday there were two ladies here deep cleaning for three hours. That's six hours worth of cleaning my friends! Can you believe my good fortune? I feel so happy.
- Brian just shared with me what Ellery does when I send her in to wake him up on the rare mornings when he gets to sleep in. First of all, she is the most heavy-footed toddler I've ever heard- you can hear her coming down the hall even if you're in a dead sleep. She climbs into bed with him, kisses him on the back, says, "good morning, daddy" and then starts jabbering about the wedding picture that is on his bedside table. Every time she does this same routine. I think it is most precious. I would love for her to wake me up with a kiss on the back! I just get a nose-to-nose greeting with an adamant question, "Momma, please can I have a gink-a-milk?!"
Happy Sunday.
0 comments:
Post a Comment