Thursday, February 28, 2008

The Mother of all Tea Parties!

Jana had her first bridal shower last Saturday and I finally have the energy to post the pictures...I had to gear up for it. It was given by her future in-laws. They put on an elaborate tea party like I'd never seen before. Well, actually I've never really seen any tea parties at all- this was my first. Hats and gloves were even required. It was very fun though and we got completely stuffed on finger foods and tea (juice) alone. It was also so fun to be at a bridal shower for Jana. I just kept thinking about it while I was there..."I am at a bridal shower for Jana...Jana is a bride...Jana is getting married..." Ahh, I love it! And we are all so excited for Mark to be in our family. He's a good one. Jana's lucky, but so are we. Okay enough of all that sweet talk.

The very detailed, decorative table. This picture doesn't do it justice. Very fancy just like we were having tea with the queen!

Prim and proper ladies. Lisa and Jana drinking their tea.


This was our attempt at a "proper ladies" pose.


My mom could not stop laughing after describing Krista in the above proper photo as an Amish nurse. She gave us all the giggles and it took us a few minutes to compose ourselves. I love how Alyssa is looking up at us like, "what are they laughing at?"


We finally got it together. All our hats are from my sweet mother-in-law. Jana got to wear her cute wedding hat, which was fitting for the bride. Thanks Adele!


Jana and her new soon-to-be in-laws! Very nice people. They sure know how to throw a tea party!

Our goody basket. Mmmm. Why is it that I try to be all artistic with my photos and they never turn out the way I envision them? Hmmm? It's annoying to me. I need to take a photography class right away! Know any good ones?

2 comments:

Flinders Family said...

I think your table photos are very artistic. I'm impressed. But that looks like so much fun though! I'm so excited for Jana!

Anonymous said...

I love the Fuehrer girls, you guys crack me up!