Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Zoo.....in February?

What can I say, our boy LOVES animals. We pretend to be animals everyday, multiple times a day. We are so accustomed to playing animals that when we are being tigers one minute, both Brian and I can roll right along with it when the next minute we're elephants...or doggies...or pigs. If we're not pretending to be amimals we're playing with them. Playing with his farm, playing with his zoo, or his newest obsession- playing with all his animals in little containers of water on the kitchen floor. If we're not doing that, we're watching a movie that has animal characters. Well, I guess we do other stuff too, but I just want to emphasize his complete love for all things animal. Brian and I decided that we'd brave the cold winter weather, and even a few snowflakes, and take our little munchkins to the Hogle Zoo. We knew McKay would love it even more than he did last time we went (last spring) and when we mentioned it to him once, he would not let us forget it. The whole week before we went he was praying about going to the zoo in every prayer and saying, "I CAN'T WAIT! I CAN'T WAIT TO GO TO THE ZOO!!!" at random.


This is about the closest we came to any elephants. They were inside almost the whole time, whcih was sad because elephants are McKay's absolute fave. But we did sneak a peak at one just as we were leaving for a few minutes, but it was hididng from us so it wasn't too exciting.

Go Cougars~!


McKay sizing up to the gorilla. He then started hugging it.


Elle, like on most outings of ours, was asleep nearly the whole time. She did wake up for some of the orangutan drama, which I think I will devote a whole post to after this. Get excited.


Visiting the zoo in February...well, I wouldn't really recommend it. Some of the animals were removed from their outside cages for the winter and it was just kind of cold. But it was great to have the whole place practically to ourselves, and McKay had a great time. Overall, it was a fun trip. Our favorites were the Tiger- roaring and roaming around like Sher Cohn himself (how do you spell his name?), and this one monkey who was making crazy noise the whole time- yelling like...well, like a crazy monkey.

2 comments:

Mark said...

Okay, first of all, I was laughing out loud about McKay's excitement for the Zoo and praying about it!Lol.

Second, when I saw the picture of McKay in front of the Elephant sculpture, I was excited!

Third, I was briefly reminiscing about how much I loved the Zoo and how my mom would take me there all of the time. I wouldn't let her forget either!

And lastly, ELEPHANTS ARE MY ALL TIME FAVORITE ANIMAL TOO!! I always knew McKay and I had an extra special bond. But seriously.

Mark said...

Do they still have the Lion drinking fountain?!