This morning I woke up to the smell of French toast. As I tossed and turned in bed trying to fall back asleep all I could smell was the yummy aroma of French toast. I even thought to myself, "hmmm, someone has made their Valentine a yummy breakfast and I get to smell it..." A little while later McKay and I headed to the kitchen to fix breakfast and the smell kept getting stronger. That's right folks, Brian had made breakfast for his Valentine, me! He had put it in the oven to keep it warm and left a note on the table. What a sweetheart! Love him! Brian and I had decided to just do gifts if we wanted to this year...you know if we had any brilliant ideas. Well, all I could think to get him was a $300 fancy schmancy running watch. So I told him, "lets not do gifts because all I can think of is that stupid watch and I really don't want to spend $300 on your v-day gift!" He replied, "Good, because all I could think of to get you was a pair of your fancy jeans. " (much too expensive for v-day, too) So we settled on no gifts. So I was so thrilled when I woke up to that cute note and a delicious breakfast that I didn't have to make. Me and my other Valentine (McKay) ate with love in our hearts for our sweet daddy. McKay kept saying, "daddy's so nice!" And he is nice. It's those little thoughtful things that mean more than a pair of jeans...although I'm still planning on getting them someday soon. Don't worry, I promise you Brian will get his dumb watch too. But don't you think those are gifts more worthy of a birthday?
Happy Valentines everybody. Hope yours was great!
Thursday, February 14, 2008
V Day
Posted by
Sarah
at
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
K- so when I read your blog it makes me laugh so hard. I read it and just hear your little voice saying all this stuff. It's so fun! I am suprised Brian has finally accepted the fancy jeans! Way to go Sarah!
Brian has been so good to you lately...I mean more than normal. He must feel a little bad for you since we all moved away and left you alone. But that was so sweet of him!
Oh McKay. "Daddy is so nice." Priceless.
Post a Comment