Brian is finally sick of hearing me complain all the time about how I don't exercise. I just don't like to, especially when I haven't done it in awhile. But when I'm not doing it, which is most of the time, I always wish that I was. This morning Bri got me out of bed, told me not to come out of the bedroom until I was in my work-out clothes, and he went in to the kitchen to make McKay his daily waffle breakfast "with a fork". As I entered the kitchen, dressed appropriately of course, there is Brian with a banana, a water bottle, an english muffin and my keys. He ushered me out the door and I headed off to the rec center. I ran some laps, tried to get on an elliptical machine but couldn't figure out how to turn it on, and finally ended my work out session on the stair stepper, which thankfully I figured out how to activate. I almost died on that thing! And it was located on the side of the track, so the whole time I was dying, red-faced, breathing like an old man in front of half a dozen firefighters who were running around like they were little gazelles. I kind of hated them. As I walked to my car I could not wait to sit down. It took me a little while to recover from my 45 minute cardio experience. I came home, flopped on the bed and told Brian that I couldn't move. We were both kind of shocked at how much it took out of me. It's been about six months since I've worked out....how did time go by that fast. All I could think of when I was running was how just a few months ago I ran outside, with Ellery bouncing around in my body and it felt good...and I didn't hate it that much. I should feel light and free now. Not the case. It was HARD for me and I did hate it!
Brian has also been trying to help me eat healthier. I don't know what it is, but since Ellery was
born, or maybe since I was pregnant with her, my sweet tooth has reached a new level! I want sweets all the time. Normally, I'm not much of a snacker, but the last eight months or so I just can't get enough. Thank goodness I've lost most of my baby weight by doing nothing...because really I haven't been very good to my body. But, like I said, Brian is trying to help me because he does not have a sweet tooth at all. The guy doesn't like ice cream! It's hard to live with, believe me. I've snuck a few lifesavers today, and so far those are the only sweet things I've had. But it's only four o'clock. I've got awhile to go and now he's not home...so who knows what will happen.
Hopefully I can keep up with Mr. Healthy (aka Brian) and he can keep helping me work out and eat better. But I wonder if it will start to annoy me. You know, when I really want a brownie and then he'll start saying all the annoying healthy things to me trying to get me to not eat it. Sometimes I just need a brownie! Oh how I wish I was one of those people who loved exercise. Life would be so much easier...
6 comments:
AMEN SISTER!!! i am laughing because we're kinda doing the same thing and i'm sitting in front of the computer with my bowl of ice cream. you don't have to sneak around me, i won't tell i'll join.
for v-day ian tried to buy me a double jogging stroller but just couldn't find one.
well sarah, i'm quite impressed you did 45 mintues! if I was that tired, I probably would have only walked a few laps then went home.
Way to go! I wish I could go with you. I want to be healthy and exercise too. I'm proud of you though!
Sarah, I love you! I would be really proud of myself if I made it to 4 in the afternoon without a treat!
i wish i had someone to actually make me go to the gym or i just wish i had a gym to go to. i'm very proud of you sarah, i'm in the same boat i HATE exercise and i hate eating healthy no wonder i look the way i do.
Hahahahahahahaha! Funny!
You keep it up Sarah!
Post a Comment